CHAPTER 18| Flowers And Letters

I woke up to a rustle beside me. I was not at Hogwarts anymore. I was in a room; beige coloured walls, a small desk towards my right. A window; the curtains closed, but light was seeping through because they were thin.

A table was also there towards the corner of the room. Flowers, cards and chocolate was kept on it. Someone entered the room and looked both surprised and happy. She cupped one her hands around the side of her mouth and called out, "She's awake!" Footsteps were heard approaching towards the room.

St.Mungos that's where I am. The healers hurried in. "How are you feeling my dear?" she asked. I opened my mouth but instead of a reply, only a fit of coughs came out. My throat was raspy. One of the healers gave me a glass of water and I gulped it down.

"Certainly better than when I remember." I replied. "How long was I here?" I enquired. "You were here for 3 weeks. Today is 22nd of July. We will call to Hogwarts and say that you're awake. A few more tests and you'll be all good to go." The healer said.

They checked me up and then said me to wait while Dumbledore came to pick me up. I got changed into proper clothes, rather than the hospital gown and went to the table in the corner. Cards from Neville, Luna, Harry, Hermione and the Weasleys. Some chocolates from them too. A bunch of roses from Terrance, with a small letter/card attached.

You are the reason I smile every day. So please get better soon. I really miss you.

I put the card down and read the card from the twins.

We miss hearing your lame jokes. We miss you bossing us around. We miss you being the 'mother'. And we miss you best friend.

Get Well Soon Joker.

Neville and Luna's was the typical get well soon card, but it expressed them. Neville's was filled with terms of herbology and small plant pictures. Luna's had something about a nargle and was filled with small doodles of stars.

--------

I was having one of the chocolates when the healer came in with Dumbledore. I packed up everything and went with Dumbledore. We apparated to the front of Grimmauld place. "I terribly sorry for what you went through. But you must know that you're life is at risk now that Voldemort knows about you. Before you go in there, Harry does not know about you being a time traveller. Voldemort did not want him knowing, a spell to keep prying ears out. I have to go now, time flies fast you see." Dumbledore said and apparated away. I knocked on the door.

Molly opened the door and instantly wrapped me in a hug. "Oh dear, you're back. The healers said that you might never make it. Come in. Let me get you something to eat or drink." Molly said. There were a series of 'thuds' down the stairs and came the rest of the Weasley kids. Ron, Ginny, Fred and George stood there; a smile etched on to each of their faces. "You're back." They all said. "We knew you would be back." Said the twins.

With all the noise, Walburga Black's portrait started screaming. "Filthy blood traitors and mudboods in the noble house of black. Good for nothing gi-" "STOP!" Sirius shouted down the hall and closed the curtains of the portrait. "You must be Cassie." Sirius said and extended his hand. I shook his hand and replied, "Yes. Thank you for letting me stay."

"Oh it's nothing. You're part of the Weasley family aren't you? I have heard. I have alsoheard you're good in pranks. I think we'll get along perfectly fine." He said.

-----

Later that day I was playing a muggle card game with the twins, Ginny and Ron. "Do you know what actually happened to me? Like why I was knocked out for 3 weeks?" I asked as I put a card down on the pile. Ginny replied, "The spell that hit you. It kills you slowly, that's what Madam Pomfrey said. It was burning your insides cause' it was slowly killing you. The healers at St.Mungos said that if you did not wake up by 3 weeks, that you would.... Die." She choked out the last word. I held her hand and gave it a slight squeeze. "Well I'm not am I?" I said.

"Oh. And Walter asked about you; sends an owl almost every day." Fred said. A brown barn owl swooped in and dropped a letter on the pile of cards and waited for a treat. Ginny went to the drawer and took out some treat, which it took and flew away happily. "It's from Terrance." George said, and handed me the letter. "You'll win anyway. Go reply to it before he dies of worry." Ron said and picked up the cards from the floor and put it back in the box.

I put it in an envelope and tied it to snow's talons

I put it in an envelope and tied it to snow's talons. She flew into the night sky.