CHAPTER 7| Hogwarts; My Home

I quickly took my wand and pointed it at the person. That is when I saw his face in the dim moonlight. It was Cedric.

He raised his hands up in surrender and that is when I noticed that my wand was still pointed at him. I muttered an apology. "Come with me. I'll take you to my father and he will take you to the Weasleys", he said. I nodded and we walked towards the Diggory's tent. Amos Diggory came after a while and then helped me rejoin with the Weasleys. This was followed by group hug from Ginny, Hermione, Fred and George. Harry, Hermione and Ron told me about the problem that they got stuck into; the ministry people had come and suspected that it was the trio that casted the dark mark.

It was a silent trip back home. No one really spoke much. I felt guilty; none of this needed to happen. But meddling with time had horrible consequences. I was not following what Dumbledore said, I was following my logic. I will meddle, but to save innocent lives.

When we got back to the Burrow Mrs. Weasley gave us all bone crushing hugs. As she talked to the twins I slowly went upstairs and took out my book; the book in which I wrote my plans and timeline. I took the book and crossed out the word 'World Cup Attack'. You see, I tend to forget dates sometimes. Especially with the O.W.Ls and going to Hogwarts and all the new things I see and learn, I'll forget the dates of events. I also kept it in such way that, which events I did not know the date an event before this is given. I quickly hid the book when I heard footsteps approach the room. Ginny and the twins entered the room.

"Are you alright?" Ginny asked.

"I'm fine. I did get scared when I was separated, but then Cedric came and the Diggorys helped me find you guys."

The three nodded and then we played exploding snap. This is what we always do. We interrogate the other when they are down, and then play something to lighten up the mood.

--------------

It was the next day; the day we go to Diagon Alley. We got dressed and then stood near the fireplace. We took turns going through the yellow-green flames. We all went to Gringotts to withdraw money from our vaults (well, I was just exchanging muggle money for galleons). I gave the goblin the muggle money that I earned from working and he gave me galleons and knuts in return. I took the money and then went to Flourish and Blotts. I needed to save my money since I was only going to work during the summers. I decided on buying neat second hand textbooks since the books were the most expensive on the list. We all went separate ways, even though Molly said that I could join them. I bought the books and then went to Madam Malkin's Robes for all occasions. I got 2 sets of schools robes and then went to get other supplies. I always wished to have an owl and thus, that is where I went next.

I went to Eeylops Owl Emporium to buy an owl. Once I entered, thee screeching and hooting owls and rustling of these cages filled my ears.I looked at the different owls and I saw two owls. They were both my favourite breeds (an Eagle Owl and a Snowy Owl) and equally fascinating. But the price tags were totally different. The majestic Eagle Owl cost 20 galleons and the small Snowy Owl cost only 8 galleons. The shopkeeper came and told me that no one wanted the snowy owl due to it being so small. Now that I think of it, the owl was so much smaller than the rest of the snowy owls. Thus, I bought the owl and thought of a name as I walked to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour; the meeting point where we had to reach by 3.

The small creature rustled in the cage and looked at me. Cuteness overload! I soon reached the ice cream shop and saw a bunch or red heads with a brown and black hair in between. I hurried over and the first thing everyone noticed was my owl. "What is its name?" Hermione asked. "I did not think of anything. Maybe snow?" I replied. The others nodded indicating that it was a fine name. After that we all went home and waited for the morning of September 1st.

---------

It was finally the day that we would be leaving for Hogwarts. When there is something exciting I can never sleep. So I jumped out of bed and woke up Hermione and Ginny. We all got dressed and then I volunteered to wake up the twins because I had a plan up my sleeves. When we went to Diagon Alley I had bought a pink puff ball. It kind of works liked the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder (that the twins would later invent).

I threw it into the room and closed the door just before it touched the ground. I heard two groans and a yell of 'CASSIE!' before the two opened the door. I burst out laughing. The two were covered from head to toe in pink powder. "Wow I did not know it was that strong" I chuckled. The twins rubbed their hands together and said, "Oh dear Cassie, wait for a sweet revenge." I smiled and walked away. We waited in the hall for the twins to arrive. They were still slightly pink but you could not really tell.

We then put our packed bags into the trunk of the Weasley's Ford Angelia. Mr. Weasley had charmed the car with an undectable extention charm and thus all the trunks and people fitted in the car.

Through the journey we talked. I asked about Hogwarts and the classes not only to not raise suspicion but also because I was slightly curious and excited in general. And before we knew it, we were in the parking lot of Kings Cross station. This felt so much more exciting because I would be really going in the train and Hogwarts and not only to pick up someone.

I walked through the barrier and a wave of excitement overcame me. I waved a goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and got on the train along with the others. Ginny went to a compartment with some of her friends, the 'golden trio' went to another and I followed Fred and George.

When we opened the door, there was a boy in dreadlocks; Lee Jordan. The guys wished each other and then Lee asked who I am and if I am new and all that. I replied, "Yes. I had a tutor and now I am coming to Hogwarts." "Not that it matters, but are you a pureblood, half-blood or muggleborn?" Lee asked.

"I'm a muggleborn." The conversation soon turned to the holidays, the Quidditch Word Cup and Quidditch in general. They were discussing about the secret that was going to happen this year that the parents were talking about. I had the strong urge to tell them what it was because they were coming up with ridiculous events.

"Anything from the trolley dear?" The trolley lady asked. Oh boy was I excited. We all pitched in money and brought one of everything each. I really loved the chocolate frogs. We talked again and then I went to change into my robes. As I was coming back I saw someone I did not want to meet yet; Draco Malfoy. I looked too big to be a first year, so he asked. "Are you new here?"

"Yes"

"I'm Draco Malfoy. Where did you go before? And which year are you in?"

"I'm Cassie Smith. I had a private tutor and I'm in my fifth year."

"Are you a half-blood? I know all the pure blood families you see."

"I am a muggle born. So yes, I am leaving before you can finish the word that you are thinking, which so happens to be 'mudblood'. Bye and you'll surely see me around Hogwarts"

Malfoy walked away; anger and frustration clearly seen in his face. I went sat with the twins and Lee and continued the conversation. Soon the sky grew dark and as I looked out the window, I could see the faint outline of the Hogwarts castle getting clearer and clearer. This year was going to be freaking awesome if everything goes to plan.  

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Thank you so much for reading so far. Ideas and corrections are welcome. 

Don't forget to vote!

Adiós Amigos

~C.G