CHAPTER 23| Patronus

It was another DA session. We were waiting for about 20 more other people to join. I was sitting with Terrance on the floor; talking and laughing. I was happy; forgetting the dangers that lay ahead. His hand held mine. And slowly traced what remained of the scar from the blood quill. "Does it still hurt?" asked Terrance. I shook my head and sighed, "That was months ago."

We then got up and went to practice our spells. We were doing the Patronus charm today. I thought of happy thoughts and said, "Expecto Patronum." But nothing came out my wand. I tried again; nothing. Most of the others had got it already.

I felt a hand in mine and looked up. There stood Terrance, wand in hand. He gave me a smile and a nod. I smiled and gripped his hand. "Expecto Patronum" we said together. Two animals erupted from our wands a fox from mine and a squirrel from his.

"A squirrel?" I asked.

He shrugged and replied, "I have no idea why."

We both laughed as the whole room was in a happy mood. There was a pop and there stood Dobby. Talking to Harry. That's when I lokked around and found out that Mariette Edgecomb wasn't there.

There was a boom as Umbridge broke the wall and walked in with the Inquisitorial Squad. "RUN!" said Harry and everyone started running out. "Go the other way. The gryffindor common room is closer." Said Terrance as he quickly guided me to a bunch of running Gryffindors.

When he turned around I turned back to the room of requirements. I decided to take the parchment with our names on it. I went to the desk in the corner; no one needed to get in trouble.

But that is when I remembered; the parchment had the name "Dumbledore's Army" which cause Dumbledore to escape. He made plans while he was in hiding. I shouldn't stop it. Maybe if I make a banner saying Dumbledore's Army?

But it was too late, someone grabbed me from behind and snatched my wand from my hand.

-------

Harry was taken by Umbridge to Dumbledore's Office, while everyone else was put in the hall where we had our O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts. We all waited in our desks. I could see the scared and pale faces of many younger students from my place at the middle of the room.

I sat with Terrance the twins on the desk to my right. Ginny was right in front of me and Ron and Hermione were diagonally a few desks in front of me.

Umbridge soon arrived and gave us lines to do. There were sniffles and flinching sounds across the room. And if we looked at the front of the hall, we could see Umbridge's satisfied face. She's a physcotic lunatic.

As everyone left exhausted and tears pooling in their eyes, Umbridge called me back. "Ms. Smith, please wait back." I groaned. "What does she want?" asked Terrance. I shrugged.

"You have a detention pending from before." She said.

"You never leave detentions pending." I replied.

"I did. I let you go early for several days last time. Thus you spend 2 hours here again."

"But I just did 3 hours long of writing now. And besides I think that that is an excuse from you so that you can enjoy other people's pain."

"You spoke back to me. Disrespect. Detention now for 2 hours. Because of that then."

"But she just spend 3 hours here professor. She was being logical. That's a lot of blood loss." Added Terrance as he held my hand.

"Boys and Girls are not permitted to be within 6 inches of each other." She said. And pointed her wand at us; pushing us apart.

"You better move along Mr. Walter. Or you might just earn yourself a detention." She then added.

Terrance looked at me and I pointed my head towards the door. He took both his and my bag and left the hall; I gave an appreciative smile.

-------

I entered the common room later on. My hand covered in blood and a few drops dripping on the floor. Hermione brought a bowl of Murtlap Essence and I dipped my hand in it. I let out a sigh of relief as the stinging subdued.

She guided me to one of the armchairs. "Are you ok?" asked all of them at once. "Well it doesn't really look like I am does it?" I said while giving a small forced smile.

"Walter came and left your bag here. He told us about what happened." Said Ron.

"What is even the problem in people being 6 inches with each other? We've been living at Hogwarts all these years and nothing ever happened." Said Ginny.

"At least people who are gay or bi can hang out with their loved ones?" I said. Then we all talked, while Hermione helped me wrap up my hand.

We all played Exploding Snap for a while before we all went to sleep. I did not enjoy my new haircut.

As we all were leaving Fred and George stopped me and I followed to the corner of the Common Room. "There's something troubling you." Said Fred. "Other than your hair getting singed." Added George.

I sighed. "It's just that I knew this would happen. But I felt it too significant to stop it. And then I thought of taking the parchment with our names, but then it had the name Dumbledore's Army which was important. Dumbledore might've left but he isn't hiding; he's working. And then before I could do something like put the name on a banner or somethin' I was caught. I just feel guilty you know? I don't know why. But I feel guilty."

"None of this your fault Cass." Said Fred.

"We know that you'll do anything to save us all. You're nice." Added George.

"And if you need us, you know exactly where to find us." The twins said together.

"Thank you ." I said and walked over to my dorm. The small breathing of the other two girls being the only sound in the silence of the night. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Ola Amigos!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote if you did!!

What is your Patronus? Mine is a Dun Mare. Let me know yours in the comments.

Stay Safe! Stay Happy! You're Awesome! Love you all!!

~Chaithra