58| I Forgive You

"Hey Siri!" I said, as Sirius gave me a warm hug at the station. 

"Hello cub. Ready to go home? Where's Anne?"

"Here!" she said, as she rushed towards us. 

"Did u get the letter I sent?" I asked.

"Yes. We'll be moving out after Christmas. A strange request though." I had sent a letter to Sirius saying that we had to move out of Grimmauld Place. After Sirius' death in Order of the Phoenix, Grimmauld Place was left empty. No order meetings, or other people. Mudungus fletcher went to steal and the Golden Trio later during the Horcrux hunting came to the empty house. I wanted things to go according to plan. 

Along with the rest of the Weasleys we travelled back home; they to the burrow, and we to Grimmauld Place. 

------- 

We hanged our coats on the hooks, and got our trunks inside, and Anne and I were happily discussing about Christmas. 

"Cass, freshen up and get changed. You too Anne. There's something huge waiting for Cassie."

"What is it!?" me and Anne asked excitedly. But he shrugged it off saying that it was a surprise. But I did notice his nervousness from the time I met him at the station today.

I went to take a shower, and then put my clothes in my shelf. But the curiosity of what was happening was panging in my head. I rushed downstairs, as I heard the chaotic noise of the Weasleys. 

"Fred! George!" I exclaimed, as I ran down the stairs. 

"There's our favourite prankster." They said, and I gave a hug to each of them. 

"Come on now, everyone. Into the hall." Ushered Mrs. Weasley. 

We all went to the hall. It was formerly used for balls and parties by the Blacks, but now served as a room for big gatherings of the order, and for dinner when we had large groups. 

"Cassie. Come here." Said Sirius and I went forward. Everyone stayed behind me, a huge smile  etched on some of their faces. 

"Open it." he said, and handed me an envelope which was a bit bigger than an A4 size. 

"I opened it, and took out the stiff cardboard. A small golden border to it. My name written on it, and my heart skipped a beat. It wasn't bad. Not at all. Teary eyed, I looked up at Sirius. 

"So?" he asked. 

"Sirius- I-"

"If you don't want to, just throw it in the fire." he joked. 

"No. Of course. I would love to."

"What's happening?" asked the confused kids. 

I flipped the paper so that they could see. "I'm getting adopted." 

"So that's a yes?" asked Sirius. And I nodded in confirmation. The crowd of people let out claps, and we hugged. 

"I figured with everything going on. You could've had a proper guardian, and a verified family." Sirius said. 

I didn't know what to say. Maybe my life wasn't going completely downhill. For once in this entire year, I finally got to forget about all that was happening, as we enjoyed cakes and snacks. 

I felt out together.

------- 

Terrance was coming tomorrow, and I was changing the dusty bedsheet to something more clean. After our last encounter, this was our first time meeting again. 

"Oh Cassie Black...." Anne said in a sing-song voice as she entered. 

"I think I'll go with Cassie Smith-Black. Or maybe Cassie Black-Smith.

"I think the second one has a better ring to it."

"Then the second one it is." I said. 

We talked for a bit more, and then went to sleep since Anne was getting tired. I spent the day cleaning and dusting my room, and I guess all that dust was getting to me. A headache set in, and I went down to get some hot water. 

There was light in the kitchen, and I saw Harry sitting there with his head in his hands. 

"Harry?" I called out. He looked up, but didn't answer. "Look I know you're mad at me. But I think we should stop. You know I have a reason-"

"I know you won't do anything stupid. I'm sorry for being such a git."

"You were a git. But I accept the apology." I said with a smile, and put the kettle on the stove. 

"Why you sitting here like this?" I asked turning around; my back against the counter. 

"Everything is going downhill. I don't know what's happening."

"Tell me about it." I sighed. 

"And wait. U got this." he said, and handed me a letter. 

"Why do you have my mail?" I asked warily.  

"I hid it. It's from Malfoy?"

"Malfoy? Why would he?"

"I don't know. I didn't open it." he said. 

"Thanks." I said. I poured the hot water from the kettle into two mugs, and took mine upstairs. 

I sat on my bed, and opened the envelope. 

Someone from your side is dead. I don't think he's directly in the order. But related to one of you. Be careful. I don't know who, how or when. The dark side killed him. I'm not exactly in the inner circle anymore. Stay Safe. 
-D.M

My head pounded, and my heart was beating fast. Who could it be? I started thinking the worst scenarios possible? Was it Terrance? Anyone related to the Weasleys, or Tonks? Who was it?

Was it Terrance's cousins? Was it our under cover spy Christopher?  

Suddenly my door burst open and I got startled. Fred and George came inside with huge grins on their faces. But on seeing my scared face and a piece of paper in my hand, their face turned serious.

"What happened?" they asked. 

"It's nothing." I answered. 

Fred took the paper from my hand, and just as fast said. "Why are you clutching an empty paper?"

"It's empty?"

"Um.. Ya..." Confirmed George. 

"It's a secret message. From the order." I lied, and took it back. Draco definitely thought well before sending it. 

"So... why did you guys just barge in?"

"Well... to do something that we together, haven't done in a long time." 

"Who's the victim?" I joked. 

"Ronald Weasley." They said enthusiastically.

"Let's hear the plan."

And that's how in the morning, we heard a squeal coming from Ron and Harry's room, followed by a huge laugh by the other. I'm pretty sure you can guess from the two, who squealed and who laughed. 

Let's just say Molly wasn't impressed.