CHAPTER 11| Band Of Baboons

Me and Hermione were helping Harry practice the Accio Charm. "Ok. You're getting better. Try summoning your bag now." I said. Harry pointed at the corner were the three bags were kept and said, "Accio bag." The three bags with the heavy books went flying towards him and smacked him in the face. This caused me and Hermione to laugh loudly and Harry to first give a playful glare, and then laugh along with us. By the end of the week Harry had almost perfected the spell.

It was finally the day of the tournament. Harry had to leave immediately after lunch since he was a champion. This left me to correct the position of his Firebolt. I ran up the stairs to the 4th year boy's dormitory which was empty, and took Harry's firebolt from under his bed. I then proceeded to keep it near the window and then opened the window. I ran back downstairs and went to the grounds along with Hermione.

I went along with Hermione to the champions' tent. We wished Harry and as Hermione talked to Harry, I went over to Cedric. "All good?" I asked. "As good as it will get when you're going to go against a dragon soon", replied Cedric. "You'll do great."

I and Hermione then got kicked out the tent by Dumbledore. Okay maybe that was an exaggeration.

We waited in the stands and soon the task started. First came Cedric, then Fleur, then Victor Krum and finally came Harry. He trembled slightly but one could only notice this if they looked really careful. Hermione was on the edge of her seat the whole time. The dragon tore through the gallery to chase Harry. "Well Done Dragon!!" shouted Fred and George. Soon Harry returned with the Golden Egg.

------

There was a noisy party going about in the Gryffindor Common room. I was busy switching the normal custard creams to Canary Creams. I was putting the last one on top when a loud scream, shriek or whatever you want to call it, filled the common room.

Oh the egg. I went back to the crowd and gave a quick nod to the twins to let them know that the job was done. Everyone started discussing on what noise came out the egg. "It sounded like Percy singing" said Fred. "Maybe you have to fight him while he's in the shower" said George. I shook my head, "Didn't need that image in our mind." That caused everyone to laugh thinking of how silly such a task would be.

Everyone then went their own way and Harry and Ron cleared any misunderstandings in between them. Neville ate the Canary Cream and we learned that those custard creams really do work. The younger gryffindors soon left and only 5th years and above were left. To think that a few snogging 6th years was a problem was a mistake. Someone really took the huge effort to spike up the drink causing the party to go even wilder. Screaming and babbling teenagers was not a good environment.

"Gather 'round. Gather 'round. Let's play spin the bottle", said one of the 6th years. All the 6th years and 7th years gathered around a circle; a butterbeer bottle in between them. "You joining Cassie?" asked one of them.

"Do I wanna play spin the bottle with a bunch of drunk magical teens?" I put my hand on my chin and rubbed it like I was thinking. "The answer is nope." I took the book that Hermione had given me and went upstairs.

------

Harry put away the task. I was not worried anyway, since he would get the answers from the Imposter Moody. God I miss my sister playing Among Us. I knew everything. Everything that's gonna happen. But what I did not know was that I was day dreaming not looking where I was going. I crashed into someone; both of us fell over and dropped our books. I think I even broke my ink bottle. I looked and found out that it was Cedric; talk about dramatic meetings. "Why is that whenever I meet you it has to be so dramatic? Jumping down a tree, saving me from a bunch of death eaters, and sitting like a creep in the corner of a dark library..."

Cedric just shrugged and we put our things back in our bag. And remember that ink bottle? Ya, it shattered. I cleaned up the ink using magic (duh) and went our opposite ways. I did not want to be late to Care of magical creatures.

"Sorry that I'm late Hagrid. Got stuck in a problem." I ran towards the class. "It's fine Cassie. Join the class." We were learning about blast ended screwts. The class soon ended with many of us getting burns on our hands. "You can go ahead Laura. I have to go to the hospital wing to get these fixed." I said as I pointed at my hand. It was not burning as such, but a sting was left behind and was told by Hagrid to go to Madam Pomfrey.

School was over and I went back to the Common Room. I have to save Cedric. He may not be a close friend, but surely is a friend. Maybe if he does not help Harry in the second task, then he would feel in debt and let Harry take the cup. Then he does not have to die, and I would not meddle with time too much. I saw the trio sitting in a corner playing exploding snap. "Harry? Could we talk for a minute?" "Sure."

"Have you figured out the egg yet?"

"Nope." He said looking down.

"The egg needs to be opened under water. I don't want you to be eaten by the giant squid; so not the black lake. You know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor? It is the fourth door to the left of the statue of Boris the Bewildered. Password is pinefresh. Take the egg and put it in the water. I can't tell everything, but it should work."

"How do you know this?" Harry asked questioningly.

"I have my ways." I said with a slight tilt of my head and  a shrug.

---------

It had been a week since I had told Harry the solution for the egg, yet he had not tried it. McGonagall gathered all the gryffindors in a hall. "The house of Godric Gryffindor is respected by the Wizarding Community for centuries. I won't let the reputation go down because of a babbling bumbling band of baboons. Mr. Weasley. Would you join me please?" Ron got up hesitantly and McGonagall waltzed with him. The whole time I, Ginny, Hermione, Harry and the twins were trying not to laugh.

Soon after the waltz classes started the rush of getting a date for the ball. I did not care. Going alone was not such a problem. Guys asked girls and girls waited to be asked. Discussion on dresses and crushes filled the air. And I was stuck in one problem. I do not have a dress. I mean I cannot go to the Yule ball in a casual dress or a hoodie could I? Or maybe I could?

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey there Amigos. I hope you liked the story so far. I am sorry to inform you this, but I won't be writing for a week. Nothing too dramatic. Just exams. I'll try uploading one chapter next week, but no promises. 

Thank you for sticking around. Don't forget to vote!! Love ya'll.❤

Adios Amigos. 👋😊