42| A Surprise Visitor

I woke up in the morning, on hearing a knock on the door. I was at Grimmauld Place, and I was alone. Sirius had gone for his mission and would return tomorrow. And he said that Terrance would come only tomorrow too. 

I took my wand, and went downstairs towards the door. Why didn't wizards' houses have peepholes? I opened the door, and pointed my wand towards the person. I immediately dropped it and went into hug the person at the door;  Terrance. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise. "I'm pretty sure you got the heads up that I'm coming." he said. 

"Ya... But Sirius said you would come tomorrow."

"I have a letter from Dumbledore. Will that work?" he asked, and pulled out a letter from the inside of his coat."

"I need some other proof that you are not an intruder." 

He removed a silver ring from his hand, and gave it to me. "Aeternum. You gave it to me on my birthday." 

Two to three questions later, I let him enter inside. "I just woke up." I said, trying to fix my messy hair. 

"I can see that. You look like you fought a birds nest in the forest." he said mockingly. 

"How flattering." I said back, and showed him to his room upstairs. "I didn't make it yet. Will do it later. Unless you wanna sleep now." He shook his head, and went downstairs, while went to have a shower and brush my teeth. 

------- 

When I went back downstairs, I saw Terrance sitting in room where we normally have our order meetings. A lavender coloured scarf in his hand. 

"It's mum's scarf. I gave it on her birthday this year. It still has the smell of her perfume." he quickly wiped his tears. "I'm hungry. What's there to eat?"

"Pancakes sound good?" I asked. He nodded and got up. Putting the scarf back on the chair. 

We entered the kitchen, and I got to work. I made pancake batter for two, and started making them. Two hands wrapped from behind me, and Terrance kept his head on my shoulder. "Thank you." he whispered. "For what?" I asked. "For everything." he replied. 

"What is he doing here?" asked a voice. Ron stood there at the entrance of the kitchen, with a bowl in his hands. 

"Sirius mistook the date. Terrance was supposed to come today." I replied, and at the same time Terrance removed his hands from the hug. 

"What's that in the bowl?" I asked. "Mum said me and Ginny to come here, since she thought you would be alone. Sent pancake batter for 3." he replied, and put the bowl near me. 

"Where's G-" Terrance started, but was cut of by the red haired girl. "I'm here!! Couldn't find my other shoe." 

"Well... guess we'll be having extra pancakes." 

------

Breakfast was good, and we went to the Burrow for the rest of the day. Molly was surprised to see Terrance, and greeted him with her famous warm, Molly Hug. 

We all went to play some board games, and talk, so that we could hopefully cheer up Terrance. It kinda worked I would say. There was a sound from the fire place, and came two familiar faces that I hadn't seen in so long. 

"Fred! George!" I said, and ran towards them to give them a hug. Followed Ginny who just noticed. 

"Hey Cass! Hi Gin." they said together. 

Well, let's just say that the day got better and louder with them around. While we were playing some kind of card game, that I did not fully understand, an owl came in through the open window, and dropped a letter.