39| We're Leaving Hogwarts

It was April 1st. A.K.A April fools. But for many of us in the Gryffindor Common Room, it was Fred and George's birthday. The golden trio, Ginny, and I had been waiting for the twins to get down the stairs; their presents in out hands. 

But we had been waiting for almost 20 minutes, and there was no sign of them showing up. Hermione was fretting over how we would be late to class. And Ginny was telling that she was sure that those fools did not even get up. Ron was looking about in the common room, to see if they were setting up some prank. 

It was about 10 minutes for class to begin, and Hermione was about to leave. But just then, two people ran down the stairs. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" we all screamed. With a huge smile plastered upon their faces, they accepted all the gifts; promising to open them after classes. 

But there was someone else who shared their birthday today; Annalise. I decided to give her the present during break. I was walking to class, when Fred and George came and stopped me. 

"Look! We have something very important to tell you." started Fred. 

"But you might know this anyway. But still-" continued George.

"We're leaving Hogwarts!" both of them said enthusiastically. 

"I knew it was coming! We still have time though." I said.

"Actually we're leaving today." said Fred. 

"Really? But today is only your birthday." I asked surprised. They should've only left after the Easter Holidays.  

"Yes. What's a better day? April Fools, our birthday, and now an event that will shake up the whole school." said George. 

"Sure. So, what's the 'huge event'?" I asked. They told me about the swamp and all that which would have happened even if they left during the original timeline. 

--------- 

"Happy Birthday Ann." I said, handing over her present. It was a small yellow-orange box, which was flat, and had a smooth cloth sort of texture. She looked at me, and then back down to the box. She then opened the box, and took out the small thin bracelet. It had an infinity loop in the centre, with two thin gold coloured chains attached on either side of it.

"Wow" she breathed out. "This looks so beautiful! It looks expensive though."

"Price doesn't matter, when it is used for good use." I said. She extended her wrist towards for me, because she found it hard to clasp the bracelet on her own. My fingers brushed against her smooth skin, and she looked up. 

"Ooh! I almost forgot." I said. And handed her a card. "It signed by Ron, the twins, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Terrance and me." I added. 

--------- 

I met up with Fred, George and Lee later. We were telling our goodbyes. We were all leaving, when the twins stopped me. "Wait a sec." said George. "Are we successful? I mean you know what happens. So is the joke shop a success?" Fred asked. 

"You both do know that I can't tell you. But just know, that with hardwork and passion, anything is possible. Just do what you love, with all you can; the end result will be success." 

We all did one final group hug, and went out on our own paths.

-------- 

The twins leaving was as chaotic as I had imagined it to be. Umbridge was furious, and was in a really bad mood for 2 days straight. This led everyone to be nice during those days, to avoid severe punishment. 

But mayhem started again. Students and even peeves was pranking Umbridge almost every minute they got. McGonagall seemed to enjoy it a lot too. I brought food for Trelawney everyday; breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

But that day, I felt a bit sad for her. She was all alone there, with no one to talk to. So I decided to sit and talk with her. She seemed happy to talk. I learned many things about her. Like, how she went to school with Lily and the marauders. 

She had a distant look in her eyes, as she told about the mischief of the  marauders, and the friendly group of Lily, Alice and Marlene. The smile soon turned into a frown, as she realized that all of them were now dead. Except for Remus, and Sirius. 

"Do you have any enemies child? Like someone really bad?" she asked. "Um.. I think so. Maybe? I mean, he is definitely an enemy to so many people." I said, referring to Voldemort. 

"Someone who is unknown. Shall come to light. Someone we thought were gone. And someone who you knew. Will soon drift apart, to be a stranger. Engulfed by the dark force." she said, staring into my eyes. 

What was she talking about? I had no idea, but the atmosphere suddenly got a bit scary for me. I got up slowly. "Thanks for the... tip?" I said awkwardly. "But it's getting late, and I better get going." I said. And opened the door. I gave a wave, and closed the door; and it soon faded into the wall.

I ran back, so that I could get back before curfew. 

------

The month soon passed with nothing much. Without Fred and George, me and Lee felt that Hogwarts was suddenly quiet; no more late night pranks. Hagrid called Harry and Hermione to show them Grawp. That was almost the only exciting thing. And then McGonagall got stunned. Leaving Umbridge to rule as she wishes. 

And then came the tests. Terrance and I spent most our together time, in textbooks and flashcards. He was determined to get the best grades, and to be what he wanted to be. 

----- 

It was the last test of the year. I was waiting for Terrance (who's exam wasn't over, and would last a few more minutes), when an owl came hooting towards me. It gave me a letter, and flew away. But was confusing, was that the letter was addressed to Terrance. 

After about half and hour of wait, I saw a stampede of 7th years, all in their house robes happily rushing out of the exam hall. I even saw one of them, igniting his notes on fire. I saw a particular ravenclaw, and rushed forward. I hugged him from behind, and gave a kiss on his cheek. 

He touched my arm, which was around his neck, and gave me a kiss too. "So. How was the test?" I enquired. "It was good. Though at the end of the test, I ended naming a goblin as Roger." he said. 

"A goblin named Roger? Out of all the weird goblin-ish names, you went with Roger?" I said laughing. 

"He was diagonally next to me. What did you expect?" he said. 

I shook my head, and handed him the letter. "It came to me. Probs, because it couldn't find you." 

He opened the envelope, and read through. "It's from mum. She asked if you wanna come over during summer break, for lunch one day." he said. 

"I would love to! If I am allowed to that is. It might take some time to compel Remus and Sirius." I said. 

"Great! Maybe wanna go to Hogsmede now? One last hogsmede trip?" 

"Sure. Meet you in an hour?" I said, without a second thought. He nodded. 

But what I forgot was that tonight would change the fate of many. Harry would see Sirius in the Department of Mystery.