CHAPTER 14| Duck

I woke up with the rays of the sun hitting my face. I was still in the astronomy tower, near the window sill; Terrance next to me. "Good Morning." he said. "Good Morning." I replied. We got up and then went to our respective common rooms. "Where were you? Asked Ginny, her hands on her hips; giving her a look of that of Molly. "At the astronomy tower. With... Terrance." A smile crept on to my face. "Ooh. What happened?" she asked. "Nothing. Ok fine, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes." I replied.

"Well if he is ever a git to you, remember that you have two of the best beaters on your side", said Fred and George. (When did they even reach here?)

The rest of the day we just hungout and had fun. Classes were to start from tomorrow and I gulped when I just realized; Moody was going to test the Imperius Curse on us.

-----

"Now, when I call your name, you have to come up to the front of the class, and I will cast the Imperious curse on you. You have to try to block it." Moody said in his gruff voice. Gryffindors and Ravenclaws were together in the class. One by one names were called randomly. Cormac Mclaggen danced ballet, Marcus Belby hopped around the class like a frog, Cho-chang sang a song, Laura did a cartwheel, Katie walked on her hands and then finally it was my turn.

I went to the front of the class and Moody (or rather Barty Crouch) cast the spell on me. I did not know what I did, until Katie told me. Ended up that I did complicated contortions in front of the class. (Who knew I could do that?) With one more student, the class soon ended and everyone packed their bags; eager to get out of the class. "Ms. Smith. Stay back." Moody said. I gulped. What did the he want now?

With a swish of his wand the door was locked. "What do you know?" he asked. "I know many things?" I replied.

"I'm serious."

"I thought your name is Moody."

"What do you know? YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT ME!!"

"Ya well. You're Alastor Moody. You were an Auror. Yo-"

"Tell the truth. You know something more. Do you want me to get it out of you?" He pointed his wand at me; threatening to hex me.

"Well. I know everything that a 5th year wizard knows and maybe even more. So if you don't mind sir I should get going to my next class."

I opened the door and ran off. Luckily the twins were around and walked with them. I ended being 15 minutes late to herbology, but aye, at least I escaped.

----

It was the evening before the 2nd task. Harry did not need Cedric's help, but the gillyweed? I would give it to Dobby, who would give it to Harry. So I took some books and headed to Snape's headquarters. I knocked on his door. "Yes?" he asked in a monotonous voice. "I had a doubt." I said. "What might it be?"

"I-I was preparing for my O.W.Ls. And I had a couple of doubts, so I wrote them down here. Could you please check them out?"

"Aren't the O.W.Ls all the way in June. It is just January." There was a faint hint of maybe... I don't know... amusement?

"Yes, but it's never too late to learn." Just as I planned with Fred and George, there was a banging on the door. The code was 'never too late to learn'. Snape got up to check what it was, but the door shut behind him. He was stuck outside. I had exactly 10 minutes before the charm would wear of and the door would open. I looked around the shelves for the gillyweed while talking and 'trying' to free Snape.

"Ms.Smith. What is this joke of yours."

"Oh no professor. I am stuck here on the other side just like you are stuck outside. I have no idea how this happened."