39) Want You in the Worst Ways

Start from the beginning

I read over what he replaced my words with and glanced up at him. I was impressed. I didn't take any of the guys I knew to be good at their schooling, but Harry was now the exception.

"Hm, thanks," I say, submitting the assignment and closing my laptop. I pulled out my phone to see if Luke had texted me, but my notifications were empty. I sent him a message once I left my dorm that I'd be in the library to do my work. As I scrolled through my phone, I became bored but didn't want to go back to my dorm yet. There was nothing to do, and I didn't feel like being cooped up. A few minutes had passed, and I looked at the time.

5:34

He had practice after they worked on the song, so he should be done anytime now. Just as the thought occurred to me, my eyes were covered by large hands. On instinct, I wrapped my hands around their wrists.

"Guess who?" It was clearly Luke.

"My dad?" I joke, but only hear snorting laughter from the three boys before my eyes were uncovered. Niall and Harry's faces were red as they tried to contain themselves, but Luke didn't hold back from throwing his head back and letting out a loud cackle.

Taking a seat next to me, he slung his arm around the back of my chair, "your dad, huh?"

I glared at him, "not what I meant."

"I could be your dadd-" Before he gets the chance to blurt out his crude remark, I kick his shin from under the table.

"Don't be gross."

His hand goes down to my thigh naturally, facing towards the boys across the table. I tense under him, watching as his fingers grasp my legging-covered thigh, giving the perfect amount of pressure. "Are you guys trying to tag along with us to get some pizza? We're meeting there in about an hour."

The two shrugged, "sure," Niall answered. Luke squeezed my leg, and I turned to look at him. He nodded towards the door.

"Wanna go ahead and get out of here so we can change clothes?" Although I probably wasn't going to change my clothes, I was curious as to what he had planned so I shook my head up and down. He grabbed my belongings from the table, bidding his friends goodbye, and guided us out of the library with a gentle hold on my hand. I laced our fingers together, walking next to him as we started towards the fraternity.

"What're we actually doing?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He flicks the black ring on his lip with his tongue as he walks. "I could think of a few things we could do."

My head jerked in his direction as my stomach turned, but then I remembered the annoying urge in my lower stomach that he caused before he left, so I played dumb. "We could work on our project," I suggest, pushing down the laugh that threatened to bubble up in my throat as I messed with him.

"Yeah, our project," he says sarcastically.

"There's no need for the sarcastic tone, Lucas. We need to get it done." I try to maintain a serious voice as best as I can, keeping my eyes focused on the sidewalk below our feet.

"If you're trying to get back at me from earlier, good luck."

I rolled my eyes, "no, good luck to you."

"I'll get you to crack, trust me." I hated the fact that I wanted to kiss him right about now, and I wanted him to make me feel good. I wanted him. He was intoxicating, and I just couldn't help myself.

We got to the frat, and I unlinked our hands, flinging the door open and running up the stairs with Luke hot on my heels. As soon as I enter his room, I immediately jump on the bed, crawling to the other side and toppling to the floor to hide from him. I see his feet appear in the doorway from under the bed and he slowly enters, placing my belongings on his dresser. My laptop made a thud sound as soon as it plopped against the surface, and I feel my breathing become ragged at the thought of being caught.