“Hey Dee. I heard about what happened at the meeting”, she said, an apologetic look on her face. Secretaries weren’t supposed to go to meetings so she’d missed the whole humiliating event.

I shrugged. “I don’t care”, I said turning back to my blackberry.

“Anyway, he wants to see you in his office in ten”, she went on, coming in.

“Ugh! What could he possibly want now?”

“I dunno. But, if I were you, I’d go find out before I’m publicly humiliated once again”, she replied scanning my magazine rack. This girl was seriously obsessed with all kinds of magazines. She’d finally chosen the door handles so I wondered what she could possibly be looking for.”

“What now? Floor tiles?” I asked, pulling on my jacket.

She turned to me. “GQ. I hear Bradley Cole’s in today. I don’t remember how he looks.”

“Stacey, trust me, when you see him, you’ll know”, I said pushing her out and locking up behind me.

The elevator took forever to come down. It was so not my day. He’d probably scold me for arriving late again. When it finally arrived, I spun around, to find myself face to face with Bradley Cole! He looked so relaxed in his beach shorts and black t-shirt. With his piercing blue eyes and messy blond hair, he was definitely a sight to see, but not as attractive as Jeremy.

I stepped in and pressed the button for the sixth floor, which was already illuminated. Well, obviously. Where else would Bradley Cole be heading to?

“So, I hear these elevators are a good place to pick up chicks”, he said leaning against the wall and facing me, a cheeky grin on his face.

‘You have got to be kidding me! He did not just say that’, I thought to myself.

“You do know that was the dumbest pick-up line ever, right?” I asked still facing the doors.

He chuckled, “Conceited much? Who says I was trying to pick you up?”

My face heated up. “Um . . I’m sorry. I  thought . . . I’m sorry”, I mumbled as the doors slid opened. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough and then I remembered we were going to the same place.

He walked up next to me and said, “By the way, I was trying to pick you up”, he whispered as he barged into Jeremy’s office.

“Hey bud! How you doing?” he said settling onto a leather couch and lying on his back.”

“Brad. Miss Carter”, Jeremy said with a straight face.

“Not even on a first name basis with the hot ones, Jer?” Brad joked.

Jeremy spun to face Brad in his chair and said, “What are you even doing here? I thought you had a date.”

“Oh we had it, alright”, Brad said, wiggling his brows.

Jeremy chuckled. I nearly fell over from shock. I really didn’t think he knew how to smile, let alone, chuckle.

He seemed to realize I was still in the room then. He got out of his chair – his expression, straight once again – and said, “Miss Carter, I approved the Nestle project. I wasn’t sure about the interface design, but with the demographic, the options were pretty limited. I just wanted to inform you personally. Also, I’d like you to send me a list of D.B.&Co’s permanent customers. Obviously, Harrington&Cole’s customers have been made aware of the merger, so there’ll be a lot more work than you’re used to”, he said and went back to settle into his seat.

Dumped!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara