49. Date Flop

Cassie's 1st Person POV

"Welcome...Oh, Hi, Cassie!" One of Jin's restaurant hostesses, Lena, recognizes me and greets me with a bright smile on her face. She also says hello to Jeongguk, who is standing beside me.

"Hi, Lena! We're just here to pick up a huge order to go." I tell her. Jeongguk and I were about to walk over and sit on the bench off to the side, but she speaks up, causing us to stay put in front of her.

"Yes! Jin informed me that you would be coming in. He actually has a table reserved for you so you can have appetizers while you and your boyfriend wait." She fills us in on my best friend's plans.

"Oh, that's not necessary. We can just wait here in the front of the restaurant." I try to insist, not wanting to trouble the servers.

"Hey, I want some appetizers!" Jeongguk chimes in, scrunching his nose at me. He pushes himself in front of me, totally fine with being seated.

"Jin wants you both to wait for him at the table he has set up for you." Lena says to us. I know she is only doing what Jin ordered her to do, so I wasn't going to further argue with her. Plus, the starving man beside me really wants some appetizers.

"Oh, okay." I softly smile back at her. As soon as I accept, Jimin comes out of nowhere.

"Hey, Cass, Jeongguk! Let me take you guys to your table!" He holds out his arm like a gentleman and I link arms with him. As much as I hate attention, I do like the special treatment I get when I'm at Jin's restaurant. The hungry Jeongguk happily follows behind us.

"I don't understand why Jin insists on reserving a table for us when we're just picking up food." I voice out as Jimin escorts us to a table near the kitchen.

"I'm not complaining." Jeongguk grins as he's now walking on my other side.

"He mentioned how he hasn't seen you both in a while and he said something about how he has some things to share with you two." Jimin says as he unlinks his arm from mine and pulls out a chair for me.

"It better be good gossip." I quip as I settle into the chair. Jeongguk eagerly gets into the seat across from me.

"Oh, it is, in a way," Jimin smirks at me, making me raise an eyebrow at him. One of the servers, who looks to be of high school age, quietly sets glasses of ice water on the table and Jeongguk kindly thanks the young man.

"Okay, now I'm intrigued," I shake my head, amused at the smirk Jimin's still carrying on his face. "By the way, Jimin- how's everything going with the adoption?!"

"Great! Eric and I are flying to Korea in two months! It's actually happening! We are going to meet our daughter!" There is the utmost excitement in Jimin's voice. I jump out of my seat and give him a hug, because I'm just as thrilled for him.

"Jimin! Oh my gosh! I imagine you are insanely excited right now!" I squeal out. Patrons from nearby tables look over at us and I mouth apologies to them for being noisy and interrupting their own conversations.

"We are! Im just so ready, Cassie! I've been waiting for so long. I'm glad we have Luna's room ready. Of course, I keep adding more stuff into the room. It's so hard to resist all the cute bedroom decor!" The man is beaming and it makes me so happy to see one of my closest friends this way.