29. Dinner Conversation

Cassie's 1st Person POV

"Well, this was a productive day! Cass & Jeongguk- thank you both for coming along with us today," My mom, Maggie, says in the back of Jeongguk's car.

"Yes, and Jeongguk- thank you for offering to chauffeur us around," my other mom, Lynn, shares her gratitude as she sits besides her wife in the backseat.

"It's no problem! I know you're all looking forward to Ross and his family visiting! Just want to make sure you all have everything you need for his party and their visit." Jeongguk politely says as he turns into the street that my moms live on.

"You will be at the party, right, Jeongguk?" Lynn asks my best friend who's now pulling up in front of my childhood home.

"I wouldn't miss it! It would be nice to catch up with Ross," Jeongguk genuinely answers as he looks over and smiles at me. I've seen that smile time and time again but it doesn't fail to make me melt over it in the passenger seat.

"Be sure to bring Jin and Penelope. Oh, and what's that guy's name, Cass? Oh, Yoongi! Bring him, too!" Maggie excitedly tells us as she opens her car door.

At the mention of Yoongi's name, Jeongguk looks over at me and arches a brow and I just mouth 'I'll tell you later" to him.

Jeongguk and I get out of the car with my parents and help them carry all the shopping bags into the house. We had traveled everywhere today. We went all over the mall, not too far from where my parents live, as well as other stores that had some specialty items that my moms were looking for. We were successful in finding some great party decorations and presents for Ross's birthday. Maggie also insisted on finding new bedding for the guest rooms that Ross's family are staying in. Our last stop was at a bakery where my mom pre-ordered the most elaborate Star Wars cake since Ross grew up with that franchise. Jeongguk was a little jealous of the cake but I promised him I'd get him an Iron Man one for his birthday, and the grin he gave me was too cute to boot.

After everything is situated at my parents' house, Jeongguk and I bid my moms adieu and the two of us head out to have dinner together.

☽°•°★°•°☾

"Let me have some of your calamari! I'll give you a piece of my ribeye," Jeongguk bargains with me, giving me a pout to really convince me to share my food with him. I shake my head and giggle at the grown child sitting across from me.

"Just take some, Kook! You don't have to give me any of your food," I say, jokingly rolling my eyes at him. He reaches across the table and stabs a piece of calamari with his fork and stuffs the seafood in his mouth. He does his silly little food dance that I love to see.