31. Hear Me Out

Yoongi's 1st Person POV

It's been a couple days since Jeongguk asked if I wanted to delve into something more with him and Cassie.

Jeongguk has been a little standoffish with me at the shop. He'll communicate with me if it relates to work, but beyond that, he doesn't seem interested in talking to me about anything else. I also know a big part of why we haven't talked much is because of how busy it's been around the shop. But, I know if he really wanted to speak to me, he'd make the effort.

I've attempted to get him in private to discuss the situation because I want him to know exactly how I felt and where I'm coming from when it pertains to the idea of being in a relationship with more than one person. But, it's been nearly impossible since he's been doing a great job dodging me as best as he could.

Knock knock knock

"Come in!" I yell out as I'm sitting at the desk in the office. The door slowly opens and Jeongguk peaks his head in.

"Hey, Yoongi, I'm going to head out now. I have Felix finishing up the sweeping. Irene is close to finishing up the tattoo she's working on and Sana is just going over inventory so she knows what to order tomorrow morning when she does her usual Thursday online order."

"Oh, thanks for letting me know, Kook." I speak out as I look away from my laptop and I connect eyes with him.

"No problem. I'll see you tomorrow, Boss," Jeongguk sounds so professional and business-like when he talks to me these past couple days. Nothing like the spunky, laid-back man that he normally is. I hate it. I just want him to be himself around me.

"Jeongguk, can you actually come in here so we can discuss something?" I sit up straighter in the desk chair.

"Um, sure," Jeongguk replies, reluctantly, and walks into the office. He closes the door behind him and settles in the chair that's placed on the other side of the desk.

"Everything going okay with the shop? What do you want to talk about?" Jeongguk asks me as he leans back in his chair, his hands resting comfortably on the arm rests.

"I want to talk about the conversation we had a couple nights ago, regarding me, you and Cassie," I let out, trying to keep my voice from sounding anxious.

"We don't need to, Yoongi. If it's not what you want, I respect that." Jeongguk speaks so stoically.

"Jeongguk, it just seems like you've been avoiding me a lot these past couple days. I've been wanting you to hear me out." I honestly say to him as I keep my gaze with him. I'm trying to study his demeanor but he remains neutral.

"Sorry, It's just been busy." Jeongguk simply shrugs.

"Cut the crap, Jeongguk." I just want him to be honest and open with me

"Okay, you want me to be honest?" He asks, titling his head to the right.

"Yes, fuck, please be honest." I breathe out. And, he starts to speak.

"Yoongi, I was disappointed that you didn't seem interested. I get that your past relationship makes you weary about getting into a polyamorous relationship. But, as much as I know Cassie loves me, I know that she has been completely taken by you. And, honestly, I've always admired you and the fact that I now know I'm attracted to you- I was really hoping we could see where it goes. Again, I know you're not ready. And, I'm sorry if it seems like I've been avoiding you. I just needed some space. I told Cassie about it and honestly, she's been bummed about it."