37. Small World

Cassie's 1st Person POV

"Morning, ladies!" I greet my coworkers, Layla and Gigi, in the back of the salon. Layla is going through inventory in the storage room while Gigi keeps her company before she starts her shift along with me. I stand by the doorway as I briefly observe what Layla is working on. The two women look over at me, Gigi smiling and Layla mischievously smirking.

"How were your weekends?" I ask them. I take a sip of my Americano that I was lucky enough to have time to get before coming into work. Yoongi and Jeongguk wore me out last night so I desperately needed caffeine to at least get me through the first half of my work day. I know I'll be struggling, but last night's escapade was one-hundred percent worth the lack of sleep.

"I was here all weekend. It was a bit chaotic, but it wasn't too bad. I'm ready to have the next two days off!" Gigi shares with us. She is a fellow hairstylist who I admire and I'm happy to work alongside with at the salon. Aside from Penelope, she is one of my coworkers I like to hang out with one-on-one outside of work.

"I'm glad to hear it wasn't too bad!" I say to Gigi, then I turn my attention to Layla, who gets Saturdays and Sundays off like me. "How was your weekend, Layla?"

"It was a relaxing one. I did some shopping with friends during the day on Saturday. Then, that night, I went on a date with this guy I met online. He was alright...I don't plan on seeing him again, to be honest. I had a much needed spa day with my mom yesterday, so that made my weekend pleasant." She tells us as she organizers shampoo bottles on one of the shelves.

"That's great, minus the underwhelming date you had," I reply to her, giving her a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah, it is what it is. Anyway, what about you, Cassie?! I saw pictures you posted on Instagram over the weekend! You look like you had quite the weekend!" Layla wiggles her brows at me.

"The only major thing that happened was my brother's birthday party at my parents. I'm just trying to spend as much time with my brother and his family before they head back to their home in Florida." I answer Layla as I think back at the time I've had so far with Ross and his sweet family. I'm going to miss all three of them, but I have these next three days to see them before they fly home.

"Looks like you're spending more time with Jeongguk and that guy Yoongi. What's going on between the three of you?" Layla questions me as she lifts an eyebrow in my direction.

"I'm just spending a lot of time with both of them, that's all," I try to answer without giving too much. I know I'll tell Gigi eventually but Layla is a huge gossip and I know she'll blab about my relationship to everyone at the salon, if she finds out a lot of details.

What I have with Yoongi and Jeongguk is so fresh that I'm not ready for everyone to know. I think I'm just being guarded because it's a fresh relationship. I don't want to talk about how happy I am right now, then later have it not work out. It's not that I am expecting it to not pan out, but I'm just prepared for any outcome that comes about with this relationship.

"Who's Yoongi?" Gigi asks, her voice sounding curious.

"He's this guy she and Jeongguk had a threesome with!" Layla reveals.

"Layla!" I exclaim as I give her a reprimanding expression.

"What? Sorry, was it supposed to be a secret?!" Layla asks, appearing smug.