22. Confirmation

Jeongguk's 1st Person POV

It's Monday, late in the afternoon. I just finished tattooing a pirate ship on a burly man's calf. I was satisfied with how it turned out and the client was beyond ecstatic over it. So, I would say it was a successful session.

Hoseok and I decided to take our late lunch break together. He suggested the taco shop around the corner, which was something I was craving, so we walked over there.

As we were walking, I kept debating, in my head, if I should ask Hoseok about Yoongi. I don't know if I'll be out of line for bringing it up, but I am curious.

Hoseok was doing most of the talking, during our short walk, and I would simply reply. My mind just keeps going back to what Cassie told me last night and I can't seem to follow along with whatever Hoseok is talking about.

We walk into the taco shop and the smell of the delicious food made my appetite grow. I order an al pastor burrito while Hoseok orders two beef tacos with rice and refried beans.

"Fuck, I'm starving," Hoseok says as we get into one of the booths.

"Yeah, me too," I reply back then decide to grow some balls, cut to the chase, and just ask him about Yoongi.

"Hoseok, I wanted to ask you something." I mutter out to him while I fiddle with my phone in front of me .

"Go ahead and ask," Hoseok says in an encouraging tone, so I take a breath and I speak up.

"Cassie mentioned something about Yoongi that you had blurted out to her during Dami's birthday celebration," I start to explain.

"Um...what are you talking about, Kook?" Hoseok asks me. I feel like he's playing dumb and acting like he has no idea what I'm talking about.

"She said something about someone at the shop being attracted to me. She alluded to Yoongi being the person but she wouldn't clarify. She told me how you divulged to her about that person." I further explain.

"Cassie brought that up?" He asks while furrowing his brows.I don't quite answer but counter back with a question.

"Is it Yoongi?" I ask him as I look him in the eyes. Before he could answer me, the lady at the counter yells our number order. Hoseok tries to get out of the booth, but I slip out faster.

"I've got it! I'll be back with our food," I tell him as I walk away and head to the counter where the lady had our food and drinks set in trays. I pick up the trays, thank the woman, and head back to our booth.

When I got back, I placed our trays on the table. Then, I sat back down on my side of the booth.

"So, Hoseok, please be honest with me- is it true what Cassie said, and is it Yoongi?" I question him, hoping he admits it to me.

"Honestly? Yes. But, please don't tell him that you know. Please, Kook? He told me about being interested in you a while back, after a random night out with the crew, and swore me to secrecy. I shouldn't have blurted it out to Cassie. I was drunk and wasn't thinking straight." I'm surprised Hoseok quickly confessed to me. But, now I have my confirmation.

"I guess I shouldn't approach Yoongi about it. If he swore you to secrecy, then it means he really doesn't want anyone to know." I think out loud.