It's me...

Jeff!

I watched as my family and the rest of the hero course went about searching for villains and clues as to who warned Nezu.

UA had an hour left before it was over for the day. To say the students were antsy is an understatement. The hero students just wanted to end the last minute confusion of Nezu's surprise villain hunt. The third years' especially. You see, they had been privy to many questionable exams from the Satanic Leader, and were not wanting to deal with another one. Of course they had to, so they did.

The second years just wanted to ditch the first years and focus on their own stuff. 2B was on edge much like the rest of them. Their first years, blissfully unaware of the possibility of an attack. Oh how lucky they are to not be attacked every four weeks by psychotic villains bent on killing a teacher and at times classmates.

Anyway, 2A was split, the majority of the class patrolling and clue searching with their first year sidekicks, while the remaining ones decoded the message given to SL. Even I'm stumped and I'm dead! A literal grim reaper who sees and hears all! They have their work cut out for them.

So do I. Follow me through my portal and to a client, this one I was too late to stop. A quirkless teenager met their end far too soon. Their future was wrought with happiness and life. Now, they are to follow me.

I emerge from the shadows of a weeping willow tree and through a river until I reach the soaked and bloody body of my charge. Their spirit looks confused and oddly sad as they gaze around the area.

"W-what happened?" They ask once they spot me, voice shaking and body shivering from the cold; as water drips from their hair.

"What's the last thing you remember?" I asked.

They stare into the distance blankly in thought for a few minutes before responding, "I was w-walking across the b-bridge. I felt hands on my back. Scared. Wind on my face. Screaming. Wet. Now I'm here." Their sentences get shorter and less descriptive the more they try to remember.

With a sad smile I hold out my hand and say, "I'm sorry, your time has come. Take my hand and I'll lead you to your paradise."

"Oh, I see. I wanted to die anyway. This works." The spirit responds, taking my hand.

With a weary glance around I led the spirit into their paradise. For them, it's a place of never ending movie nights and cuddles with stuffed toys, cuddly creatures and warm fuzzy blankets. Ugh! I wanna stay! I grumble in my mind; leaving them alone with friends, family and the many pets their family once owned.