I Am Here!

Jeff

You may be wondering who the Shadows are or why they're not named. The answer is simple, really, they don't have a name. The whole point of those elite four, is to remain unknown and hidden. So why would they have names when on duty? They also fade into the background when off duty, so they're easily forgotten. Makes them perfect Shadows.

Kat and Izu, they're alive. Just barely. I followed them until they reached UA, then I returned to watch the Shadows free Izumi and Kamui Woods. I also had to escort many heroes from the building and into my portals. A few protested, not wanting to leave their work undone. Others were expecting this day eventually. Non expected me, a Hero taken far too soon, to be their guide into the afterlife. A majority of them will be made an offer after a year or so in their paradise.

"Jeff, time to go. The rest will live." Tessa tells me, popping up outta nowhere.

"I know. Can't I just wait till they escape?"

"Nope. Boss' order."

"Ugh, fine." I huff, closing my portal after the final soul crossed.

A final look at my extended family shows me what I needed to see, so that I can leave them for now. A puff of explosive glitter smoke and heroes cursing has me chuckling as I leave for my next client.