Chapter 95 - Extra: Airplane's Fortuitous Encounter (7)

After the guards had been sent out of the underground ice fortress, it was empty of all demons. Mobei-Jun definitely thought he had obediently "gotten out" already and wouldn't expect him to turn back, so by the time Shang Qinghua had returned to the hall in front of those sleeping chambers, he still had not been discovered. He stopped here and shimmied up that giant pillar which could be circled by three people into the ceiling beams, finding somewhere he definitely would not be seen by anyone to sit down.

But, though he definitely couldn't be seen by other people in this place, he also couldn't see them!

Mobei-Jun's cold and placid voice sounded like he was forcibly stifling anger.

He said, "What are you doing here."

An unfamiliar young man's voice smiled, "My nephew is ascending to the throne, I came to ask for a cup of celebratory wine to drink. Is there something unacceptable about that?"

Mobei-Jun didn't respond. Humming once, he spoke after a long while. "What celebratory wine is there to drink."

Another voice said, "After these seven days, you will be the real Mobei-Jun. Isn't this something worth celebration?"

Shang Qinghua knew who this was. This was that storyline that had been delayed until now after the original was thrown into disorder.

He's going to die. Everything's going wrong for Mobei-Jun.

This uninvited guest was Mobei-Jun's uncle, LinGuang-Jun!

And lying in the sleeping chambers, was definitely the father Mobei-Jun probably had only seen a few times since his birth——his body, that is.

As he had planned, after the monarch of each generation of the Mobei Clan had died, they would pass their accomplished martial body down to their successor in the next generation. This was an extremely crucial juncture. But, in the storyline of his original work, LinGuang-Jun latched on to precisely this crucial juncture and launched a sneak attack the most critical last day Mobei-Jun was digesting this martial body. Because Mobei-Jun had been determined as the lawful first in the line of succession, LinGuang-Jun had no claim to the martial body, and stealing it outright would be useless. Illegal was illegal, the lines of ancestors would not acknowledge him. But, if Mobei-Jun died after he officially ascended to the throne, he would be the only descendant of the Mobei bloodline. When the time came, the recipient of the accomplished martial body could never be too happy.

In the original work, there should have been a Bing-ge by his side playing the pig to eat the tiger, easily escorting him through, and, only to be expected, ripping off the Mobei Clan after Mobei-Jun ascended the throne. But, the original Bing-ge had now gone off to shamelessly torment his Shizun—say, how could he have time to bother with this? The one Mobei-Jun had brought back was his ass-useless self!

Shang Qinghua madly grabbed at his hair. My king, you, you, you, you, what did you bring me here for?! I can't lift a hand, can't carry your burden, how am I qualified to protect you? For this sort of life and death situation, you should definitely find a trusted confidant, your most impressive ally! So what if you had no way to tear Bing-ge off his Shizun like tearing cowhide candy? At least you could find him to borrow a few thousand black-armored generals? No matter how desperate, you can't call on me, other than making tea, carrying water, washing clothes, folding blankets, which of my other skills aren't at the amateur level!!!

Without the inextinguishable halo and undying golden body he had personally bestowed upon the male protagonist, at that fatal moment in seven days, Mobei-Jun...

LinGuang-Jun said, "This important of a day, and you didn't bring a single person?"

"..." Mobei-Jun replied coolly, "I didn't."