Chapter 85 -Extra: Zhuzhi Ci 1 (Poem of the Bamboo Branch)

Zhuzhi-Lang had known for a very long time that it was a repulsive creature.

Even in Nan Jiang, which was infested with monsters, he could be called a freak among monsters.

At that time, it was not called Zhuzhi-Lang; it was nameless. Generally speaking, there was no one who would have that kind of leisure to think of a name for something that was half-human and half-snake when they saw it slithering on the ground. Even if they had the skill to, the demons of Nan Jiang would rather give it a kick or two, or tie its tail into knots, or study whether this thing has an Achilles' heel and if it would die when they attack its vulnerable spot1.

Its daily routine was very simple: slither, look for water, slither, look for food, slither, get into a dogfight with the other demonic beasts.

Even though its appearance was not ideal, it was not disadvantaged when it came to fighting. In contrast, not only was its limbs soft and nimble, its disgusting look often distracted its opponents during battle because of their discomfort.

Therefore, this ugly and hard-to-deal-with thing was extremely unpopular in Nan Jiang.

Even a cultured nobleman like Tianlang-Jun sized it up for some time the first time he saw it, then said in all seriousness, "So ugly."

Of course, the black-armored generals who stood apathetically behind him could not answer. As if Tianlang-Jun was grumbling to an unknown person, he repeated, "It's too ugly."

The emphasis of this sentence was too strong, it shrank a little.

Nevertheless, it felt like there was no genuine contempt in the criticisms of this noble; it had seen looks of scorn and revulsion too many times. It was not like this at all.

Tianlang-Jun gracefully squatted and stared at it, asking," Do you remember your mother?"

It shook its head.

Tianlang-Jun said, "Well, it's just as well. If I had such a mother, I'm afraid I would rather not remember."

It did not know what it should say. Of course, even if it knew, there was no way it could say it; it could only hiss in a low, hoarse voice.

Tianlang-Jun laughed and said, "However, there are some things I should still tell you. Your mother is dead. I'm her elder brother. I came to see you at her last request."

The demons are a cold-blooded lot. Even when it came to the death of their own blood kin, they were able to skate it over lightly in just a sentence.

It felt nothing and just nodded its head blankly.

Tianlang-Jun seemed to have lost interest and flatly said, "Alright. I have fulfilled her last wish. These are all your subordinates. From now onward, this place belongs to you."

The 'subordinates' he referred to were those hundreds of black-armored generals who were following behind him. Although these things did not have minds and could not think, they were also not afraid of pain or death, and would not tire out or stop in their tracks; they could form an invincible army, and yet they were just casually handed over to a monstrosity that was half-human and half-snake.

He stood up, patted the imaginary dust off his hem, and turned around to leave. By some curious phenomenon, it sluggishly wiggled to follow.

Tianlang-Jun looked back, perplexed, "What are you following me for?"

The snake boy did not dare to move. Seeing this, Tianlang-Jun took another step, and it started to wiggle in a crawl behind him.

Tianlang-Jun stopped in his tracks and curiously asked, "Can't you understand what I'm saying?"