Chapter 19

Luo Binghe said: "Parasiting on others' dreams and frequently changing hosts, the spiritual power of your soul weakens with each change. However, if you can latch onto a fixed host long-term, you can recharge your reserves and recover your soul's original state."

He paused, then said: "Can it be that Elder Dream Demon must have reached the limit of his lifespan to insist on picking me as a host to develop?"

Having been seen through by him, the Dream Demon didn't deny it and wasn't angry. Instead, he generously admitted: "Not bad! I didn't think a brat like you had such a wide knowledge and powerful memory to even know this point."

Luo Binghe wasn't going to tell him that the words he said earlier was just his blind guess.

The Dream Demon saw his calm and collected expression and couldn't figure out this brat's mind. He continued: "However, you shouldn't assume that this old man must have you for a host no matter what. Talented people among the demons are in the thousands upon thousands and they would kneel down for this honor! But you, you should carefully weigh your choices and think about whether you can pass up this opportunity."

In fact, all these years had weakened his soul. Originally living in demonic energy, he was living well and after cultivating for maybe eighty years, he would become as doughty as a dragon and lively as a tiger. However, he couldn't understand why Sha Hualing would muddleheadedly use the demonic energy as a weapon and secretly hide it on Luo Binghe's body. He already didn't have the energy to search for another host.

But after reaching a dead end, he found a new place to live. On this brat's body, there was a weak and almost hidden powerful strength. He was endlessly ecstatic. How could he let this go?

Once he made up his mind, he didn't care how strongly Luo Binghe refused. He coaxed and pestered and coerced and tempted, using all kinds of methods to persuade him to practice the demonic path like himself. All to let his flesh and soul to become even more suitable for him to live off.

The Dream Demon said: "This old man will give you time. You should think it through thoroughly. Otherwise, you and your Shizun's souls will be lost and trapped forever in this dream. This point, this old man can still achieve!"

Luo Binghe suddenly looked up. At that moment, Elder Dream Demon was shocked to a halt by the cold light flashing in the young boy's eyes.

Luo Binghe spoke calmly and deferentially, but his voice was ice-cold: "Right now, you are negotiating terms with me and you can talk about anything. But if you talk about hurting Shizun, I won't let you off!"

The Dream Demon was startled for a long while before he recovered himself, shocked that he had actually been frightened by the imposing manner of such a small, low-cultivation Human Realm practitioner. All these hundreds of years across the length and breadth of the Three Realms – even at the bitter moment when his body was destroyed, he had never been pressured by that powerful expert into feeling this kind of pressure.

Of course, he wouldn't know that this kind of miracle was called (the protagonist's exclusive) overbearing aura!

Suddenly, a burst of laughter sounded from the cave.

"You brat, you really thought I meant it!"

After that old voice finished saying these words, Luo Binghe suddenly felt his limbs grow heavy. His surroundings blurred and spun, then all was dark.

Luo Binghe woke in the woodshed, alert and breaking out into a cold sweat. Even his vest was completely soaked.

At the same time, Shen Qingqiu sat up dizzily from his bed.