Chapter 4

Shen Qingqiu is very clear about what's going on in Ming Fan's head. He must have heard Ning Yingying calling Luo Binghe so affectionately and thought that this hateful apprentice-brother had become too dazzling. The original work's cannon fodder held an inexplicable hatred towards the protagonist that was only fueled by Shen Qingqiu, forever unchanged.

Ning Yingying is still only a little girl with a little girl's heart, so she slanted her head and asked: "What's the fun thing that big apprentice-brother has? Quick, take it out and let me see."

Ming Fan's face suddenly became all smiles and he untied a pure green jade pendant from his belt, dangling it in front of him: "Apprentice-sister, this time I went to my relatives to maintain relations. They gave me a lot of useful and interesting things. I thought this was particularly beautiful; I'm giving it to you!"

Ning Yingying took it, holding it up against the gap between the leafy canopy to shine against the sunlight. Ming Fan warmly asked: "How is it? Do you like it or not?"

Peeping, Shen Qingqiu suddenly remembered. This scene!

Not good, he shouldn't have come here. It's dangerous!

You can't blame him for not remembering clearly. If a damned stupid writer wrote stupid words for four years to create a novel that seemed to span two hundred years, who can remember what happened at the very beginning? It took him twenty days to finish reading, he'd entirely forgotten that scene of pure abuse!

Sure enough, Ning Yingying completely can't tell its quality, casually looking at it before throwing the jade pendant back. Ming Fan's smile stiffened on his face. Ning Yingying wrinkled her nose and said: "What thing, this color is ugly to death and not as good as the one Ah Luo has."

This time, it's not only that the color of Ming Fan's face is bad. Luo Binghe's determination to appear to be not here completely disappears, his body jolting once and opening his eyes.

Ming Fan let out a few words between his gritted teeth: "......Apprentice-brother has a jade pendant?"

Luo Binghe hestitated and hadn't answered yet when Ning Yingying hastily answered before him: "Of course he has one. He always wears it around his neck. It's his treasure, he doesn't even let me look at it."

As calm as Luo Binghe is, his color also changed and he clutched unconsciously at the jade Guanyin1 hidden beneath his clothes.

The intelligence of the female leads in this novel made Shen Qingqiu drunk2 with disbelief.

Ning Yingying's words completely do not give any thought to the consequences of saying them, only focusing on the fact that Luo Binghe wears a jade Guanyin pendant that never leaves his body.

Towards the things their sweethearts have, all girls will want to get into their own hands. Only Luo Binghe stubbornly refuses to give his. She only raised the issue because she was unhappy.

Of course he's not willing to give it to you!!! That's Luo Binghe's deceased washerwoman mother's present to him, a present that she spent the greater part of her life savings on just to procure for him! This was the tiniest bit of warmth during Luo Binghe's darkest time; even when he was entirely washed black later, he could still think back to this warmth and become a little more human. How can he carelessly give it to people!

Ming Fan feels jealousy boiling up from his gut. In the end, it's still Ning Yingying's words that cause his anger to rise to the peak and gain the upper hand. He strode forward a step, snapped: "Apprentice-brother Luo is sure generous, even little apprentice-sister Ning Yingying can't take a look at that jade pendant of yours. If this goes on, you won't even give a hand to your own fellow disciples when we're facing against a strong enemy!"