Chapter 9

The spirit caves were labyrinthine and deep, hundreds of turning paths and thousands of steps turning backwards without wind or moonlight, though there was a faraway and almost unnoticeable feeling of coolness. Large and small limestone rocks emerged from the landscape, revealing many beds of natural rock. At the center, there was even a pool of clear reflective water that seemed to reveal another world.

This was only one among many caves, but Shen Qingqiu was very satisfied and didn't plan to look for another spot.

Shen Qingqiu wanted to achieve a new understanding in his techniques. He sat on the stone bed and began to cultivate.

However, perhaps Old Man Heavens didn't want him to cultivate honestly and well. He hadn't meditated for long when he heard a strange noise.

It was the sound of someone wheezing painfully.

Not only did it sound strange to his keen ears, his body's spiritual power seemed to also experience a strange and almost violent burst of energy fluctuations.

Fine. Shen Qingqiu knew something had happened. In these spiritual caves, naturally there must be other people who gained entry to cultivate in seclusion aside from him. Not only are there are other people here cultivating as well...... it seems someone has cultivated into madness. This was a critical moment.

I! Only! Want! To! Cultivate! In! Seclusion! And! Increase! Martial! Power! Can't he do this? Can't! He!

Shen Qingqiu opened his eyes suddenly and decided to investigate. He followed the noise and the fluctuations in spiritual power. Walking in that direction along seven turns and eight bends, the disruption grew larger and larger.

Finally, he entered another spiritual cave. Once he entered, he saw a white-clothed back facing him, a sword fallen on the ground.

The interior of the cave was filled with traces of spiritual power-filled sword slashes and fresh blood as though from a murder scene involving a sword. Even the white-clothed person's body had bloody marks on it.

Looks like this cultivation madness is quite tragic!

Shen Qingqiu pondered whether if lending the other person some of his own high level spiritual power would be helpful or more likely to harm him to death. At that moment, he glimpsed the sword fallen on the ground.

The sword was currently slim in shape, probably because its owner's spiritual power was running rampant. Its whole body emitted a harsh silver light, a strange dark incantation and engravings inscribed along the blade.

Seeing this sword, Shen Qingqiu knew at once what sword this was and whose it was.

Your mother's egg!1

If he sought a good death, he shouldn't be meeting this person!

If earlier he still thought of helping out, right now he has the thought to run for his life. But it was already too late. That white-clothed person suddenly turned around; he'd already found him out!

Shen Qingqiu was in no mood to applaud this 'handsome man!' This handsome man's two eyes were blood red, his forehead bulging with blue veins, intent on making him kneel!

He flapped his sleeves and ran for it. That man hit a palm onto the stone wall, stone shards flying everywhere; the long, fallen sword on the ground flew up and just happened to block Shen Qingqiu's route of retreat through the limestone entrance. The white-clothed man who'd lost all reason advanced like a gunshot.

Shen Qingqiu saw it was too late to run and toughened his scalp for the upcoming fight. He gathered spiritual power in his right hand, staking everything on that one hit and slapped his palm onto his opponent's chest.