Chapter 71 - The System's Penalty

The power he expended was controlled, just enough to cause a stalemate with Wu Wang. He even had time to look back and hastily say a few words to Luo Binghe: "Leave it to Master." Wu Wang was about to continue mouthing some empty words, but he unexpectedly went straight to the point instead, scolding: "Shen Qingqiu, don't be like Su Xiyan–losing her mind to the demon race in a moment of carelessness and regretting it for life. As a Peak Lord, you must at least have some sense of honor!"

Shen Qingqiu's feet slipped, and he almost failed to prevent himself from losing his bearings. How could these matters be the same?!

He managed to rearrange the distorted expression on his face with much difficulty. Who knew that Luo Binghe facing off against Wu Wang was a slap to the face?

Shen Qingqiu poured spiritual energy into the tip of his fan, shaking off the attacker's staff: "Didn't I say to let me handle this?" Luo Binghe's face was covered in gloom: "He can say things about me, but he's not allowed to badmouth you!"

In the time it took him to say these words, the two of them had already been surrounded by the cultivators from various sects who were present at the Hall of Great Strength. As expected, the demonic aura easily aroused hostility once it was used. Wu Wang waved his staff: "Lord Yue, this devil continues to call Shen Qingqiu master. Shen Qingqiu also does not deny it. What do you think? Do you also still recognize Luo Binghe as a disciple of the Cang Qiong Mountain Sect?"

Yue Qingyuan did not answer. His face did not reveal any emotions, and his voice remained steady. He remained seated: "Shidi, come back."

Shen Qingqiu subconsciously stepped toward him, thinking that it would be better to own up to his mistakes and let his senior put out the fire. If Yue Qingyuan could stand on his side, it would definitely be a strategic location. But before he could come over, Luo Binghe grabbed him and entreated: "Don't go!"

He repeated himself: "Don't go." There was an imploring note to his words.

Just as Shen Qingqiu was about to speak, hundreds of streams of sword energy rushed to surround and attack the two men.

Liu Qingge's eyes glared, and he drew Cheng Luan from its sheath in response. Suddenly, the whole of the Hall of Great Strength shook. A current of black and white electricity crisscrossed and expanded, and the encompassing light detonated.

After the tremors passed, the ground still heaved and lurched, and only a quarter of the people present were left standing. Luo Binghe's eyes were so red that they glowed in the daylight, as if they could leak hot magma or dark red blood. His clothes were wrapped in an endlessly churning dark aura.

A member of the demon clan who had been pressed to the ground burst out laughing: "It seems it's true that the cultivation world has no shame. When you dealt with Tianlang-Jun in the past, you used underhanded methods to surround and besiege him. You're still using them today!"

"Go ahead and use them. You don't seem to fear death. Huh!"

Luo Binghe held Shen Qingqiu against him with one arm and said: "I'm from the demon clan. You can attack me at will. But what did my shizun do to have you besiege him as well?

Shen Qingqiu was actually unharmed. The tremors earlier had been quite strong. He'd stumbled, only to have Luo Binghe draw him into his arms to protect him. Wu Wang wanted to continue intervening, so he said: "You call him shizun. He doesn't deny it. Isn't that enough?"

This stubborn ass! Shen Qingqiu flipped the fan in his hands until it flew up, and the swords that swept in to attack from all angles were continuously beaten back by the fan. He put on a fake smile and said: "Whether this Shen denies it or not, what does it have to do with you?"