Chapter 59: Ice Disappears, Snow Melts

After a pause, he continued, "Those two people from just then aren't easy to deal with. Even if Shizun doesn't want to stay at my place, I still hope that you will not go with them."

It sounded as if this wasn't the first time Luo Binghe had run into the two of them. Shen Qingqiu said, "Have you met them before?"

Luo Binghe said indifferently, "I've met that snake at Nan Jiang before. We exchanged a few blows and I almost lost. I've never seen the other one before, but I cannot defeat him."

Zhuzhi-Lang was born in Nan Jiang, so if someone ran around over there, they would naturally have to be a little more diligent. Tianlang-Jun also said before that the original purpose of the plague at Jinlan City was to resolve the food shortage at Nan Jiang. It was to be expected that Luo Binghe got in a few fights with Zhuzhi-Lang at Nan Jiang.

But Zhuzhi-Lang didn't seem to have told Luo Binghe what his identity was and didn't treat Luo Binghe as his young master. It didn't look like Tianlang-Jun had any intention of telling him either.

Judging from this, neither father nor cousin had any intent to acknowledge him.

Even though Luo Binghe's pace was steady, he was still limping very faintly. However, he continued to walk with a straight back, not even supporting himself with the wall. When Shen Qingqiu saw this, he was full of mixed feelings, and he awkwardly hesitated for a moment before he suddenly hardened his resolve and took a step forward. He was about to go support Luo Binghe when the candlelight suddenly flickered.

The tomb passage dimmed a little, and Luo Binghe's body pressed towards him.

But this time, Luo Binghe didn't forcefully hug him, nor did he grope around. Instead, he completely toppled onto Shen Qingqiu before he stopped moving at all.

After being tossed around for half a day, Shen Qingqiu was also feeling extremely exhausted. He couldn't bear the weight of two people, and he fell against the wall with a thud. Luo Binghe was slumped on top of him, soft and boneless, and his head knocked against the wall, creating a resounding noise upon impact. When Shen Qingqiu heard that, his heart also jumped along with it, his teeth aching.

He hastily stood up straight and held Luo Binghe. After fumbling around for a bit, he managed to reach behind him. The clothes on Luo Binghe's back, which had been drenched by the ghostly rain in the Hall of Sorrow, were tattered. He probed inside of his clothing. The skin underneath his fingers felt strange as if there were marks of festering. It had also already started to emit a fishy scent.

After all, the ghostly rain wasn't anything good.

If nobody else was present, the way Shen Qingqiu liked to wake other people up was to first go up and give them a small slap on either side of their face. But now, he hadn't even reached out a hand yet when he felt like he couldn't do it, so as a result, he changed it to lightly patting Luo Binghe's cheek a few times. His voice also involuntarily softened. "Luo Binghe? Luo Binghe?"

Luo Binghe's eyes were closed heavily. His eyelashes didn't even flutter, and the color of his face grew increasingly and abnormally red.

Shen Qingqiu reached out a hand and touched him. His forehead and cheeks were both scalding hot like he had a fever. But there was no way that the concept of a 'fever' would exist in Luo Binghe's body. Even if there were times when he would occasionally find himself in tough situations, it wouldn't last for very long, and it especially wouldn't reach the point where he lost consciousness. Shen Qingqiu touched his hands, but they were ice cold. It was as if Luo Binghe's head was in the microwave and his body was in the freezer.

Shen Qingqiu placed a hand behind Luo Binghe's head and massaged the area that had just knocked against the wall.

"Binghe, can you hear me?"