Chapter 54

That evening, I dressed in a green sundress, and Sméagol wore a pink shirt and one of his pairs of pants with a little springy tail. "Ready, my precious?" he asked with the cutest smile on his face.

I grinned as I grabbed my purse. "Ready."

Sméagol giggled as we linked arms, and headed out the front door together. We stopped at Pizza Hut, and bought a large pepperoni pizza with two large Dr. Peppers. Then, arm-in-arm, we headed for the park, and sat down at the same table as we did when we came with Abby a few weeks back.

"You look really cute in that outfit," I said with a coy smile on my face.

He giggled sweetly. "Awww, thank you, Precious."

"So, it doesn't bother you that people might stare at you with that tail?"

He smiled warmly. "No, not anymore. Sméagol feels comfy and happy, and that's all that matters."

"Good, because you look really sweet with a tail." I smiled like an awkward teenage girl. "Really cute, actually."

He giggled infectiously. "Awww, Sméagol loves his tail."

"I never wanted one. Sensory no-no for me."

"Not comfy for you?"

"Nope, it wouldn't be."

"That's alright, Precious. Sméagol thinks you're beautiful the way you are."

I blushed. "Oh, by the way, Logan messaged me today."

Sméagol suddenly became very worried. "He did?"

"Yep. He tried to guilt me into talking to him again, said it hurt him that I wasn't messaging him back, all that fun shit."

"Oh, Sweetie..."

"Don't worry. I handled it." I smiled at Sméagol. "I told him off."

Sméagol's expression changed from worry to relief.

I dug in my purse, and handed him a folded sheet of paper. "This is our little exchange."

Sméagol read Logan's message, and his jaw dropped. "Awww, how could he talk to my baby like that?"

"Keep reading," I said with a mischievous grin.

Sméagol read my response, and proudly smiled at me. He laughed when he finished reading. "'PS. Kiss my ass!' Oh, Precious!"

I laughed. "And, guess what else. I unfriended him. I deleted him off my friends list on Facebook, and... it actually wasn't that bad. I actually feel so much better now. I cut him out of my life, and... I feel free."

Sméagol's smile grew so bright and huge. "Oh, Precious!" he exhaled. "Sméagol so proud of you!" He reached across the table, took my hand in his, and patted it gently.

"I couldn't have done it without you, though. I mean, you were there for me through it all, even when I didn't tell you what was going on. You still helped me. When I did tell you, you were... Gosh, you were so sweet to me, so patient and supportive and encouraging. You made me realize that I deserve better."

"Yes, Precious," he said sweetly, still holding my hand, "you do deserves better. You deserves to be loved, not abandoned and betrayed. You are a good person, a beautiful person. So grateful I am to know you, to have you in my life."