Chapter 5

For the next few days, I dove into my work, recording songs up the wazoo, editing and mixing the tracks, and finally, burning them onto a disc. I decorated and wrote on the disc to make it look nice. I printed out my favorite picture of Logan and I, just the right size to fit in the front of the CD case. I printed out a list of songs to insert into the back. Then, I wrapped it with red-heart wrapping paper.

The next Saturday afternoon, I had plans to go on a picnic with Logan. I dressed in a blue sundress and my white sandals. I packed a CD player, a BlueTooth speaker, and the wrapped CD into a small bag, and headed out the door. "Bye, Hayley!" I called to my sister.

"Bye, Cheyenne!" Hayley answered back. "Have fun!"

I headed for a nearby field with beautiful evergreen trees and a pond with pure, clear water. I would often go to this field to enjoy the warm sunlight, listen to my music, relax, and get lost in my own little world. It was easy to get to. It was within walking distance from my house, and yes, when I went there alone, I always took my phone.

I saw Logan laying out a picnic blanket, and digging in a huge picnic basket for the food, drinks, and other supplies.

"Hey!" he greeted, putting everything down and giving me a big hug and a peck on the cheek.

"Hi." I smiled as we both sat down on the blanket.

"What you got there?"

"I made you a present."

Logan smiled mischievously. "Oh, a present, huh?"

"Yep." I grinned awkwardly as I dug in the bag, and handed him the wrapped CD.

He tore off the paper, and smiled when he saw a picture of the two of us on the front cover of the CD. "What is this?" He looked at the song list on the back. "Is this a love song compilation you made?"

"Something like that," I said as I pulled out the CD player and speaker.

"Oh, you wanna listen to it while we eat?"

I nodded as I opened the CD slot, and logan slipped the disc inside. I placed the equipment to the side on the blanket, hit "Play," and the first song began to play.

Logan's face lit up as soon as he heard my voice coming out of the speaker. "Wait... that's you," he said happily.

I nodded with a mouth full of food.

"You recorded a whole CD of love songs for me?"

"Yep, I did."

"So, you went to an actual studio just to make me a CD? How did you afford that?"

"Actually, Hayley bought me my own recording equipment and software, and she got an employee discount."

"Well, still, you put in all that work for me?"

I smiled. "Logan... when I said I would do anything for you, I meant that."

Logan looked at me lovingly. I leaned in, and kissed him softly.

"I love you, Cheyenne," Logan said sweetly, holding my face in his hands as he continued kissing me. "I love you so much."