Chapter 52

"Sméagol's hungry now. What about my precious? Is my precious hungry, too?" He patted me on the head.

I laughed softly. "Yeah, I'm pretty hungry. Hayley left meatball subs in the fridge for us."

"Ooh, tasty."

So, we both got out of bed, did our business, and brushed our teeth. I stayed in my sweater nighty, and Sméagol kept his onesie on as we headed downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge, and found the sandwiches. I put them on plates as Sméagol grabbed a bag of Doritos out of the pantry. He poured some onto each plate. Then, we both filled our cups with ice water, and sat down to enjoy our lunch.

"Sméagol?" I said.

"Yes?"

"Thanks for taking care of me last night. You really, really helped me... big time."

Sméagol smiled sweetly at me. "Awww, Sméagol do anything for you, Baby."

I smiled back. "I really love how you're calling me 'Baby' now. It's really sweet."

He giggled softly. "You are my baby."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"You seriously sang to me the whole time?"

"I did, Precious."

"How the fuck did you not lose your voice?"

"I don't knows."

For a moment, Sméagol and I just looked at each other. Then, we burst out into long and loud laughter.

After lunch, Sméagol took the dishes, and put them in the dishwasher. I could tell from the way he was moving that he was tired, and I felt really bad.

"Hey, Sméagol?" I said sadly.

"What is it, Precious?"

"Maybe you should get a nap. You look like you're exhausted."

"No," he said cheerfully. "Sméagol's alright."

"Sméagol, you stayed up all night just to take care of me."

"Sméagol doesn't mind."

"I know."

Sméagol came over to me, and put his arms around me. "My precious... I still wants to take care of you. Sméagol's worried about beautiful Cheyenne."

"Yeah, but you should take care of yourself, too. Sméagol, I'm okay now. I'll be okay for the next few hours."

"But, what if Cheyenne isn't alright again. Cheyenne did not tell Sméagol last time she wasn't alright."

"Because, I didn't wanna put too much on you."

Sméagol hugged me. "You never puts too much on me, Precious. You can always talk to me, always."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Sméagol sure, Precious."

"Okay," I said hesitantly. "If I'm not okay, I'll let you know."

"You promise?"

I smiled. "I promise."

"Alright, my love. Sméagol go to sleep now." He hugged me tightly, kissed my forehead, and went back upstairs to take a nap.