Chapter 32

Just then, we heard the front door open, and a very cheerful voice singing, "Hellooooo! I'm hooooome!"

"We're in the living room!" I called.

Sméagol giggled. "Awww, so cute she is!"

Hayley came into the living room, carrying a mound of shopping bags. "Guess what, Sméagol," she singsonged. "I found everything you wanted!"

Sméagol squealed with joy as Hayley showed him everything she bought. His eyes lit up brighter than the blue sky when he saw all the sweaters, pants, onesies, shirts, and even hoodies, all with zippers down the front. Every onesie had a long, fuzzy, curly, springy tail in the back. Even some of the hoodies had little springy tails in the back. Some of them had cat and bunny ears on the hoods. Hayley even found a few pairs of sweatpants with little springy tails in the back. He gleefully and eagerly tried everything on. Everything fit him perfectly, which made him even happier.

"Is everything comfortable?" Hayley asked as Sméagol came out of the bathroom in a light blue onesie, dancing and humming happily.

"Oh, yes, very comfy, Precious!" he replied with a sweet smile, giggling with so much joy, like a sweet, innocent child on Christmas morning.

Hayley giggled. "Sméagol, you are just the cutest little muffin!" She gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Awwwww!" Sméagol cooed, returning the hug, and even the kiss on the cheek. "So sweet Hayley is!"

The two of them looked over at me, and saw a huge smile plastered on my face.

"What are you smiling at?" Hayley teased.

"Sméagol," I replied. "He looks so cute and cuddly in that onesie."

Hayley giggled. "Yeah, he does look adorable, doesn't he?"

Sméagol blushed.

"And, he's so sweet," I added.

"Yes, he is a sweetie-pie."

Sméagol blushed even more, and he smiled at me. "Sméagol thinks Cheyenne is a sweetie-pie. So lucky Sméagol is to have a friend like her."

They both sat down on the sofa with Hayley on one side of me and Sméagol on the other.

"I feel really lucky to have you as my friend, too," I said. "I also feel really lucky to have a sister like Hayley. I mean, you guys are the best. Today started out as a horrible, shitty day, and now... I can't stop smiling. I may have been dumped by the love of my life, and he had to go and rub it in my face. But, Hayley, you were there for me through it all, and you were the one who introduced me to Sméagol. And, Sméagol, when I first found you, before we actually met, I felt like God sent me a guardian angel. Now, you're actually here for real, and... I... I have no words. I know we just met, but... like you said earlier, I feel like I've known you forever." I sighed happily. "I freaking love you guys."

"Awwwww," Sméagol and Hayley cooed at the same time as they both wrapped their arms around me.

"We love you, too, Sweetie," said Hayley.

"Yes," Sméagol agreed, "very, very much."

I nuzzled up in the warmth of their embrace.

"Hey, Sméagol," said Hayley, "how's that tail feel?"

Sméagol smiled at Hayley. "Sméagol loves his tail," he said happily. "Very comfy it feels. Sméagol always wanted one."

"Awww, you always wanted a tail?" Hayley said excitedly. "Me, too!"

I laughed to myself. It was amazing how alike Hayley and Sméagol really were. You'd think they were twins separated at birth... or the perfect couple.

"I'll be right back," Hayley said as she jumped up from her seat, and hurried up the stairs. She came back down a few minutes later in a red onesie with pink and white hearts all over it. If you're wondering, yes, it also had a zipper down the front and a long tail in the back. All of her onesies do.

Sméagol squealed with delight! "So cute Hayley is!" He got up from his seat, and gave her a big hug.

For the rest of the evening, the three of us snuggled together on the sofa while watching movies and eating junk food. Yes, Sméagol enjoyed the food as well. It was his first time eating pizza and Doritos, and drinking soft drinks, and he enjoyed every bite and every sip. He also enjoyed the movies we watched––The Little Mermaid, The Lucky One, and Ted.

The three of us laughed and cried throughout all the movies as we stuffed our faces, but more importantly, we enjoyed each other's company.

As for me, I felt much better than I did earlier. It was a lousy day that turned into one of the best days of my life.

Second Chances: An Unexpected Angelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें