94 | Sunset

September 1st.

Harry Styles

"She's stable."

After an hour of sitting in the waiting room, my leg bouncing, my eyes dry from how many tears I'd shed. Those were the only words I'd been wanting to hear this entire time.

Liam was here too, and he had filled me in on everything that had happened since I'd left that place.

The CIA got every single girl that had been trapped in that shithole out, and they were all in hospital. They were pretty much all okay, besides being dehydrated and hungry and a bit bruised. It was nothing that couldn't be taken care of. They were all alive and as healthy as possible, none of them were going to die. Everyone was going to be okay.

Everyone but the one person I needed to be okay.

Most of Stefan's men were dead. Liam had told me his men basically just shot everyone, there was no point in wasting time to try and keep them alive just so they could go to jail. It was better for everyone if they were just dead.

But the cunt himself, Stefan fucking Jones was still very much alive.

Being the pussy he is, he wasn't going to fight for himself because he knew he was going to die. So he did as he usually does and sent away a dozen men to fight on his behalf, while he was away in some high security van where he could be escorted somewhere safe.

I'd left Diana with Zayn in hopes I could help Louis and kill Stefan. But as soon as I'd gotten Louis, I left to go back to her. I couldn't go after Stefan without knowing she was safe first. I wasn't going to be away from her for any longer, I had to go back for her.

I shouldn't have left to go back inside.

Maybe she wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Maybe if I had listened to when she cried and begged me not to leave her alone and go back inside, she wouldn't be fighting for her life in a hospital bed.

They wouldn't let me go in with Diana after they'd taken her into the hospital room. I just wanted to sit and hold her hand, to whisper to her that she was going to be okay because she was so fucking strong. She was going to be okay. I didn't want her to wake up and be scared because she didn't know what was happening.

They wouldn't let me sit with her. I had to sit in the waiting room with the rest of the guys, all of us just sitting, desperate for them to hurry up and tell us she was okay.

They made me go and get checked, considering I myself was covered in a bullet wound or two, neither of them even came close to how bad Diana's was. I refused their help at first, I just wanted to sit with her and wait, but once she'd been taken from me, Zayn told me she would want me to go and get it checked, and that was what convinced me to go. She would want me to be okay, so now I had stitches on my thigh after getting surgery to remove a bullet. They wanted me to wait in a hospital bed, but I refused. I wanted to be there when they told me she was okay.

I didn't know what I felt.

There wasn't a word to describe this type of pain.

I had to wash my daisy's blood from my hands.

I was sure I hadn't heard the doctor in front of me correctly, maybe my ears were playing tricks on me because that's what I wanted to hear. My heart plummeted to the floor, my blood ran cold, but the only feeling I could recognise was hope. A hope for her to be okay, to take her home soon where I could keep her safe with me.

Everything seemed to fall silent, the beeping and murmur of the hospital that had been a constant sound in the back of my head was gone, and the only thing I was paying any attention to the doctor in front of me, a clipboard in his hands like he was reciting the information he had written down.