19 | Safe

Part two of the double update, make sure to read Ch18 first :)

***

February 1

I knew I was in Harry's bed. I remembered him taking me to his bed and sitting on top of him and hugging him while he hummed a tune in my ear. And I remembered kissing him. That was the last thing I remembered before falling asleep

I was awake but my eyes were still closed. My eyelids were so heavy I felt like I could never open them again. But I knew I had a good sleep. Sleep always just hit differently after a good cry, I didn't know why.

It took me a few moments to realise, but my head was on his lap and my arm was slumped over him. I could tell that he was sitting up against the headboard. It was almost as if he hadn't moved at all since last night.

I wanted to get up and go home, I knew I had already been enough of a burden and I had made all of my problems his.

But at the same time, I didn't know if my body could physically get up and move. Every part of me was painful and my muscles felt stiff. My arms felt heavy and I felt like I was being weighed down by something.

I almost jumped when I suddenly felt Harry's fingers on my face, gently brushing the hairs off my face and tucking it behind my ear, before playing with the ends of my hair.

And for some reason I didn't do anything, I pretended to be asleep.

My head was on his lap, and I could tell that he was sitting upright against the headboard of the bed. One of his hands was on my arm, just resting there with his thumb brushing back and fourth across the damaged skin, but he touched me so lightly that I almost didn't feel it.

I wondered how long I could stay like this for, pretending to be asleep only so I could stay like this. Realistically I knew it wouldn't be long, but I relished in the idea that I could stay like this for hours, with him where I felt comfortable and safe for the first time in years.

The pad of his thumb grazed gently across the top of my arm, before his fingertips brushed down the length of my arm, so faintly so gently it was as is he were scared to wake me up.

His fingers continued the movements, brushing up and down my arm at least three or four times, and I stayed still, keeping my breathing under control despite how hard it was not to crack a faint smile on my face.

But what I didn't expect was for Harrys fingers to trail down my arm one last time, but only this time his hand rested on top of mine, his palm pressed to the back of my hand where he intertwined his fingers with my own.

I stayed still and quiet, letting myself have the short feeling of softness and security that I felt in this moment. It was so alien to me, being able to just appreciate soft touches like this, I'd never been touched like this, in a gentle and almost intimate way.

I heard Harry sigh heavily, before slowly moving my arm that was slumped over him to the side.

I took a deep breath in when he touched my arm in a harder way than he had been doing before, it didn't hurt because there were barely any cuts on my arm but I knew there were a few bruises that still hurt when I moved.

And then I felt him place his hands on my cheeks, before gently lifting my head up so he could slip out from underneath me. I unintentionally groaned from the movement and then rolled over onto my back and with my face in the opposite direction of him.

I heard the sound of a shower being turned on, followed by a door closing again. I knew I was alone in the room now so I took the opportunity to roll over onto my stomach and groan loudly into the pillow. I was warm, I was comfortable and I definitely didn't want to get up.