64 | Blood

May 21
3:17am

Diana De Angelais

Being in the club tonight felt so different, because I knew there were so many pairs of eyes on me.

Gripping the metal pole with my hands, I swung my body around slowly, lifting myself up off the ground and arching my back. My hair fell down and swung back and forth from the wind I was creating by moving my body.

I hadn't danced in ages.

I stayed with Liam and Jade for almost a week , it was a bit longer than I had expected to stay for, but the break from chaos was so refreshing, and it was just what I needed. It was nice to just feel normal again.

I felt much better than I had been feeling for the past while, like this invisible weight had been removed from my shoulders and I could finally breathe again.

Jade took me out tonight, saying it was to work a shift at the club but in reality we were both going to get shit faced drunk and forget about everything shitty that had happened in the past few weeks.

I had told them everything, from the car being attacked, to seeing Stefan outside my apartment and knowing that James had been there, to Kieran breaking into the apartment and I told Liam everything he had said to me, hoping that some part of it would be helpful in Liam's case to catch Stefan.

Liam had informed the CIA about the club, so that they knew it was being used in the process for trafficking the girls. But they couldn't just shut down the club, it would be useless because there were so many people involved and they could easily start doing it behind any other club in the city. They had no actual evidence of the club being used in his business and it wasn't as easy as just shutting it down. Stefan and his men would probably just find about her club to use.

Liam had been telling me as much as he could about the situation without scaring me. I knew most things were getting watered down for my sakes. It all began to make sense though, I never knew what his job was since he started dating Jade.

But the more I thought about it, the more I saw the pieces being put together.

The time Liam and Jade disappeared from the club and just left me there, he explained to me what happened. He saw Stefan in the club that night and had to grab Jade and bolt, he rushed to tell his agents about seeing Stefan there. Before he left, knowing I would be alone, he was the one that told Zayn to go and check on me and make sure I got home safely. That was the night Kyle tried to assault me before Zayn came to beat the shit out of him. Zayn never just magically showed up at the perfect time, Liam was the one that warned him about that.

Liam was the one who got James arrested. He never told me it was him because I told them not to tell anyone what he did to me, but he explained to me that he saw James in the street one time and was just so fuelled with rage from what he did, that he arrested him on the spot. And threw in a few hard punches for good measure.  Since Liam technically wasn't supposed to do that, James was only put in with six months and a chance of bail, that was the best he could do.

So as I danced, performing to the crowds that were naive to what the club truly was, there were at least twenty CIA agents placed throughout the club, in the crowd, by the bar and over by the couches further back.

Every girl in the club had at least one agent watching her, making sure she was safe and that nothing suspicious was happening.

There were definitely men from Stefan's business that were in the club, but it was almost impossible to tell them apart from the men that came here regularly just for fun. And I was so paranoid of everyone, every single person that came near me I had started to assume the worst.