53 | Edging

May 5

May 5

Harry thought I hadn't noticed the way he's been staring at me for the past hour. And I'm pretty sure that's why he lost the past four rounds of Mario Kart.

His moods have been confusing the past few days, since he had that nightmare. Most of the time he seemed completely fine and he was his cheeky and egotistical self that I had grown to adore so much.

But sometimes he would catch a glimpse of my wrists. I knew he felt so bad about it and I saw the way he would wince and turn away anytime he saw the marks.

They had faded quite a lot now, and thanks to Jade giving me a very detailed step by step tutorial on how to cover hickeys, the bruises were not even noticeable anymore, it was a bit strange to be wearing makeup on my hands though.

I tried my hardest to keep him distracted and in a good mood, because I could always see how guilty he gets about it, so I've resorted to every time he tries to apologise to me I just put my hand over his mouth to shut him up.

He helped me clean up the pancakes, or what was supposed to be pancakes that morning. But it really only ended up with Harry cleaning up and telling me to sit down, because it wasn't fair that I had to clean up the lamp he smashed.

I still couldn't believe he actually danced with me that morning either. I genuinely don't ever think I've felt something like that before, the way he didn't even hesitate, just pulling me into him and dancing to Etta James.

It was so intimate and serene and I never expected him to do something like that.

It was something so simple but I could tell it was one of those things I would remember forever.

He also hasn't had any more nightmares, which is good, in fact, he's been sleeping like a rock. Basically crawling into bed and passing out when he gets home from work, normally I'm already in bed but I don't sleep until he's there.

I've been using all my energy the past few days to make sure he's okay. He acts like having nightmares is something that should scare me away, even though I've told him countless times that I'm not leaving and I meant it.

I almost think he forgot I have nightmares too, I'd never compare what he's going through to me, he seems much more affected and my problems are less terrifying compared to his, I just want him to know that I somewhat understand what he's going through and it's nothing to be scared of.

Zayn and Louis are still here, which has been...interesting. They fight like siblings and annoy the hell out of each other to the point where Harry literally had to separate them.

I'm pretty sure Zayn knows something has been up with Harry, since he heard that night. He seems to be pretty wary around him and he's always asking if we're okay.

"You're fucking cheating" Zayn voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

We were all sitting in Harry's living room, playing Mario Kart. Harry and I had played last round, and I won, again.