38 | Morning

***

***

I woke up to Harry peppering slow gentle kisses on my arm, gradually making his way closer to my shoulder then neck. His hand held my arm delicately, like he was trying not to wake me up with his touches.

He whispered quiet sweet words, probably thinking I was still asleep. His fingers just barely touched my skin, his lips very delicately making their way higher up my arm.

I lay with my back pressed against his chest, facing away from him. I didn't even remember falling asleep. And I didn't even have a bad dream, I slept for the first time in just over a week.

I missed it; waking up in his arms. I always felt so safe when he was here with me, holding me close to him. His presence was just so calming and all I could think about was how long I could just stay like this for, comfortable with just him here with me.

His hand was on my arm, his fingers brushed back and forth so delicately. His lips pressed soft small kisses up the length of my arm to my shoulder.

He was so warm, I could feel each breath he let out against my skin warm and comforting like he always was.

I wanted this to last forever because all I couldn't think about was how easily he could take all of this away from me again. All he had to do was leave. I was half expecting him to have been gone by the time I woke up.

I savoured his touch because part of me deep down knew it had to be temporary. As much as I wanted this wouldn't last forever. But there was another part of me that believed him when he said he wanted me to forgive him and that he regretted it, he trusted me and told me those things about him, and I trusted him to tell him something back.

​​Fluttering my eyes open, seeing only a faint light in the room, I turned my head around and placed my hand on Harry's cheek. Pulling his face towards mine, pressing my lips against his warm soft ones.

I rolled my body over so I was facing him, not breaking our lips apart, both of my hands finding his cheeks, trying to get him even closer to me.

I felt the corners of his mouth tug up into a small smile against my lips at the same time his hand rested on my cheek.

"I need to brush my teeth" I smiled into his lips with a faint laugh, I grossed myself out just thinking about the fact that I had morning breath.

He shook his head and leaned forward to kiss my bottom lip again, mumbling faintly, "Stay here and kiss me"

As much as I wanted to, as much as those words almost made me forget what I was about to do, I wasn't going to stay here. I smiled when he tightened his hand on the bottom of my back, trying to keep me here.

"I'll come back" I nudged my nose against his.

"I don't fucking care whether or not you've brushed your teeth. I just wanna kiss you. Stay here and kiss me" he mumbled with his lips against mine, his voice still deep and raspy from waking up.