68 | Sweet

'Let's fall in love and sing French songs in the rain
Smoke cigarettes and get drunkonchampagne
Let's fuck soloud that the neighbours complain
Spend ourdays under snow white duvets'

***

Harry Styles

The smile on her face was something that someone would write a poem about.

She was a fucking piece of art herself.

In the finest art gallery in the world, she was still the most fucking beautiful thing I had ever seen.

And I couldn't stop staring at her.

The way she looked at me earlier, the way she looked right now, I had never seen such an expression in her eyes, I could hardly even tell what it was.

I had never seen someone so excited before, to the point where she has barely said a word between entering the museum and right now. Her eyes were everywhere at one, trying to see everything that decorated the walls, her face softened in awe.

I had been so fucking nervous about taking her away for a while, because I never knew how she felt towards me. Even though she had told me she still wanted to be with me, the voice inside my head told me she was lying to me.

But everything felt back to normal, actually, it felt better than normal, because now she knew and I didn't have to worry about her finding out, because by some miracle she was still here. Part of me felt like it was better than normal, maybe it wasn't the same as it was before, but it was better. I didn't have to be worried about her knowing me, because now she knew everything, and she was still here.

I was smiling even though she wasn't looking at me. But the excitement on her face, the look of just pure happiness was something I couldn't not smile at.

Her wavy dark hair was sitting down her back, and she had on one of those pretty summer dresses that she liked to wear. I liked when she wore them too, and I had always teased saying they gave me easy access, but that wasn't why I liked them. I liked them because that was what she had wanted to wear, and it always looked perfect.

I had my arm around her shoulders and her own was around my waist as we walked together through the building. Polished wooden floors with high ceilings. Elaborate and intricate designs decorated the walls, paintings upon paintings covered every inch. I had my eyes only on her though, watching as she took her time to stare amazed at every single piece.

"Are you alright?" I squeezed her shoulders, her gaze fixed on me for a short moment before returning to the decorated walls. She leaned closer to me as I couldn't stop smiling, seeing the look on her face. "You're being very quiet little daisy"

"I just- I can't believe we're actually here" She managed to say after the stunned silence she had been in for the past fifteen minutes. Her jaw stayed dropped open but I could see the corners of her lips tugged up to a smile. "This is crazy"

The look on her face was just the sweetest fucking thing I had ever seen.

"Are you crying?" I was quick to panic when I saw the redness in her eyes and the tears built up at her waterline. She was smiling, but crying at the same time.

"I'm fine, I'm not crying" she wiped her eyes with her fingers, careful to not smudge her makeup when she was drying her tears, "Happy tears, really happy tears."

"C'mere" I let go of her shoulders for a second to spin her around to face me.

She was giggling through a soft cry when I cupped her cheeks and wiped away the tear stains on her cheeks with my thumbs.