Interrogation

Arriving to work you, Monty was once again, no where to be seen. With a roll of your eyes, you went off on a scavenger hunt for him. This motherfuck makes you walk too much.

You just wanted to lay down. Maybe cuddle a bit. Treatments took a lot out of you.

However...after searching his most common spots of occupancy, you didn't find him.

He wasn't in his room nor the roof. He wasn't at the stage, though you did see his bass.

Hmm.

Where was he?

You went to the security office, the door was open with Freddy and Sunshine watching the cameras. They looked bored.

"Hey... er uhmm... have yall seen Monty anywhere?" You asked, feeling a little odd.

"Hmm? No actually" Sunshine replied, "Freddy?" She turned to him.

"I have not. But I will send him a mess- oh.. odd. It won't go through. It says personal not detected...." Freddy grew concerned.

What did that mean?

"Oh... well.. I searched his room and his little hangout spot. Anywhere you think he may go?"

You were starting to grow worried. He couldn't of just disappeared...

You were pretty sure he couldn't even leave the building.

"I mean... you could ask Chica or Roxy. Maybe Sam... or check his attraction? Otherwise I have no clue..." Sunshine trailed off.

Even she was worried for the devilish Casanova.

Though, with you around, he wasn't really a Casanova anymore. If anything he was as much of a teddy bear as Freddy was.

"I guess those are places to start..."

"Yes. But please be careful... maybe have one of the others tag along? Monty is supposed to watch you for a reason..." she frowned.

She knew Monty would never purposely ignore his duty... was he okay? "I'll keep an eye on the moniters in case he's wandering around.." she assured you.

"Alright." With that you grabbed the tablet and left the office.

You started your scans, you couldn't ignore your work just to search for Monty. So you'd check places as you went. And youd ask the others if you couldn't find him still.

Yes sunshine said to have someone with you but..you didn't think you'd be in any danger. Even if afton was here, what use would you even be to him?

If you moved too quickly you'd be breathing like you just ran several miles.

But alas throughout the night, you saw no sign of him. And neither did anyone else.

Sam had insisted he follow you though, to replace Monty until you found him. You gave in eventually, figuring he probably wouldn't take no for an answer.

So now you just finished your bott scans with Sam to keep you company.

The two of you talked a bit.

But you werent all that focused, more concerned over your friends sudden disappearance. You were really worried for Monty, it didn't seem like him to just... go poof.

Even when everyone had to go to parts and service there was still no sign of him.

No one had seen him.

This was so strange...

You had a bad feeling.

You finished your work rather quickly and sat at the Stage with Sam.

"I'm sure he'll turn up Love" He tried to assure you, putting a hand on your shoulder.

Though, he hoped he was gone for good.

"Yeah..." you gave a small smile.

You missed Monty.

You looked over to Sam. Well... it was as good as time as any.

"Hey... Sam?"

Sams eyes flickered to you, "Yes love?"

"You'd never hurt anyone right?"

"Never." Lies.

"Especially kids right?"

"I'd decommission myself before I willingly hurt a child..." this was true. To an extent, "why do you ask?"

"Just curious..." was he telling the truth, you wondered.

How could you be sure...

"So... care to tell me how a bloodied peice of fabric got into your chest cavity?"

Your eyes flickered to his chest. Landing on his purple badge.

Wait.

You looked closer, the first time you saw it, you thought nothing of it but...

We're those initials on his badge?

W.A.

William Afton?

Oh shit...

Suddenly, you were scared.

The timing would fit... kids started to disappear only after Sam showed up...

Maybe you were reaching though...

Maybe it was just a coincidence..

"...I wouldn't know yn" he looked away seeming troubled, "I swear I'd never hurt a kid... do you think I'm the one doing it?"

"I... I dunno."

His shoulders slumped and he started muttering to himself.

"I'm not bad... I wouldn't do that... im good... im good..."

He looked deeply upset. Like the thought of being evil was unfathomable.

Maybe it wasn't actually him?

Or, william possesses things... if your connections were correct, maybe he was controlling Sam? Maybe he was doing Williams evil work without even realizing it.

There was only one way to be sure... you had to check his programming. Which means you needed his personality chip.

"Sam, have you seen anything that may seem weird?" You wanted to see if you could find out more first.

"...i..I don't know. Actually, i do black out a lot... but everytime I regain consciousness, I don't remember anything other than little tidbits... like... screaming. And this man..."

Man? Screaming? "What man?"

Sam grew frustrated burying his face in his hands, "I don't know! I'm not evil yn!"

He stood up Suddenly, a red glint in his eyes that now glared at you.

You put your hands up defensively, "hey calm down..." you spoke softly, "I believe you Samauel... you're not evil... but, I think someone evil is using you. But I can fix that okay? I just gotta get your personality chip and check your programming... okay?"

He perked up, "really? Youd help me?"

This brought him relief. You could fix him, you could make the empty darkness go away.

"Yes."

"Oh please do! How soon?" He jumped closer to you, exitment all over his face as he smiled at you.

"Within the mext couple of days for sure. I need to check out your packet again and study it. I need to make sure I know what I'm doing. Just be careful in the meantime okay?"

"Yes of course love!"

He pulled you into a hug.

Nervously you hugged him back.

He may not directly be at fault... but there's still a possibility that he was a murderer.

The thought scared you.

You wished Monty was here so you could share this with him.

You didn't want to tell anyone else just yet.

It could get back to William if too many people knew.