No more Brooding

The huge wave of relief you felt as you came into work, and saw Monty waiting for you was immense. You were worried it'd be Sam again. Or someone else. Not that there's anything wrong with Sam or the others, it's just for some reason you preferred the cocky alligator with a red Mohawk and star shaped shades.

You had odd taste that was for sure.

"Sup Hot cheeto~" Monty greeted as you walked through the entrance and turned around to quickly lock the door.

You turned back around to face him, "Hiya Gatorade! You done brooding now?"

"Yn I am an alligator, not a chicken." He said seriously.

You looked to him confused.

"Alligators don't brood. That's a chicken thing" he explained with a smirk.

"Monty you smartass, I swear to god I will backhand you."

"Go right ahead Hot cheeto, but it'll probably hurt your hand. Considering I'm made of metal" he tapped his cheek making a clincking noise.

Glaring at him, a playful smile still on your face your reached up and flicked his nose. He scrunched up his face and booped your nose back.

Giggling you couldnt help yoursel and gave him a hug.

"You are dick, but I'm glad you're okay" you muttered your cheek squished against his chest.

Wide eyed, Monty hesitantly hugged you back, resting his head on yours, "I told you I just needed some space silly."

"Well still, I'm glad you felt better enough to be my babysitter again" you joked pulling away from the hug. "I have some news to share with you also..."

"Mm I'm all ears."

He was a bit sad that he couldn't hug you longer but he gave you all of his attention.

"So... im gonna try to get surgery for the cancer and if they can't get an opening within the upcoming week then they're just going to start me on chemotherapy... they uhm...think it'll go well.." you were nervous about this, you didn't want to get your hopes up. Or his. But you wanted to share this with him.

Monty grinned, "that's good to hear yn. I know youll pull through" he didn't. But he wanted to be supportive and he wanted to believe that you would pull through.

You noticed Something though. Something about Monty was... different. His tone with you was softer, and he seemed relaxed but also on edge. It was strange.

If his shades weren't in the way, you'd be able to see the way he looked at you with so much adoration.

You tried not to really overthink his sudden change of tone though. You also tried not to acknowledge the butterflies you had.

"Yeah hopefully..." you fiddled with your keys.

"I believe you'll beat this. You've got a lot of fight in you" Monty mused ruffling your hair.

You pushed away his hand. "Yeah yeah. We'll see. For now though let's get to work." You pushed him to start walking, "Also if I end up taking chemo, and you touch my hair, I will cut your hand off. Because Im probablygonma start losing it." you frowned.

it'd take forever to grow back. You loved your hair. The thought of losing it was displeasing but, hopefully it would all be worth it.

"I will keep that in mind darlin. Wouldn't wanna lose my hand. Playing bass would be incredibly difficult."

You shrugged, "You'd get your hand back. But not till my hair grows back."

Monty laughed, "is that so? Ill have to be extra careful then.."