You're Hired

"So yn? My daughter tells me you're looking for a part time job and that she directed you here?"

You stared boredly at the lady sitting before you. She was your friends mom and the general manager of the famous Freddy Fazbears Mega Pizzaplex.

You didn't want a job.

Frankly you saw no point.

You also so saw no point to your constant hospital visits and treatments.

You were gonna die. Why waste money?

Money actually being the reason you were here.

You couldn't die and leave your brother in crippling debt.

You wanted to help with the payments since there's no way he'd let you stop going to the doctors.

So you talked about it to some of your friends and apparently this place was hiring.

And one of your friends mom was the general manager.

So she put in a good word for you.

"Uhm yeah... im still in my senior year of high-school, though I'm switching over to online due to personal reasons...but I really need a job."

"Can you tell me about any skills you have that may come in handy here?" The gm asked you. She was kind just like her daughter.

Things you were good at? Hmm..."Uhm I'm really good at mechanical stuff... I've helped my brother at his bar with like serving food...I can clean.." you really didn't have a lot of experience with things, as you've been isolating yourself for years.

But robotics and mechanics was always interesting to you.

"Mechanics? Have you ever worked on animatronics?"

"Not really but I'm sure I could figure it out."

"Well yn... normally there's a whole process for this but... im gonna skip a couple steps, what I'm gonna do is take you under my wing so to say. If possible will you work from 11:30pm to hmm 5am? For the first few weeks you'll just get paid to shadow me and show me what you can do with your skills in mechanics if that's ok?"

"I'm cool with that. I'm generally a night person anyways."

"Perfect! Do you have time for a tour?"

"Sure" you shrugged.

She was a very chipper lady and excitedly showed you around. It took a while as the place was bustling with people.

The staff only pathways.

The food courts.

The animatronic attractions and the normal attractions.

You saw one covered in construction tarps and asked her about it.

"Oh that? I guess they're getting a new animatronic put in..." the gm seemed weary about this, "apparently it's called 'Hide And Seek With King Sam' but I haven't seen him yet."

"Oh. Interesting."

Eventually she had shown you everything she could and you two circled back to her office.

"Well the only other thing I think we should get done before you go is meet the animatronics.."  she said typing something on her phone.

"Okay that's cool."

You already knew what each of them were just by seeing the attractions based off them. You had to admit this place was kind of impressive. You would of killed to go here when you were younger.

Shit you might still.

"Alright they're ready, follow me" she instructed and took you a door that read 'Security Room'.

It was kinda hidden away in the shadows.

"Now, I want to get this out now so your not surprised, the animatronics are way more human and sentient than you may expect. It blew my mind when I first found out" she laughed lightly and opened the door that led into a big office full of many many screens that showed parts of the pizzaplex.

A camera office.

And off to the side stood four very tall animatronics.

"Hi guys! This is yn. She will be working here soon and I figured now would be a good time to introduce you. She may be the new mechanic" The gm was excited, she felt there was something special about you the moment she saw you.

"Hello yn!" The bear greeted "My name is Freddy!" He smiled he was just as chipper as the gm.

"HIII! I'm Chica! Do you like pizza!?" The chicken asked.

Never mind she was probably the most excitable one here.

"Uhm yeah I like pizza" you felt awkawrd.

"Oh perfect! I already like you!"

The wolf looked you over squinting her eyes "you smell... odd."

"Roxy!" The gm hissed at the wolf.

"Sorry sorry. My names Roxanne, Roxy for short though. Nice to meet you."

"Uhm yeah you too..." she could smell you? How?

"Sup Girly, my names Monty. I'm the coolest one in this room." The gator smirked at you.

You didn't like him already. You had no reason not to, apart from the fact that he was clearly cocky.

It annoyed you.

"Eh hi.." you muttered.

You had to admit, they each clearly had their own personality. Just as the general manager had said, they seemed very human like.

"When Sam arrives you'll meet him fairly quickly. Hell need a Check up to make sure all his systems and programming and wires are all the way they should be. But I think it'll still be a few days."

"Alrighty."

You really sucked at talking.

"Well it's nice to have you on the team yn. I look forward to working with you as do these guys. But for now I think thats it, I have a uniform for you in my office and if you are ready you can come in tomorrow night. Sound good?"

"Yeah that'll work."

"Great!"

She led you back to her office and peeking behind you you saw the animatronics leave the room and head off to wherever.

Monty was the last to leave the room and the two of you made eye contact.

He winked.

You sneered.

You were given your uniform, she told you to write down the days you'd prefer to work and basically you only gave yourself Tuesdays and Thursdays off.

You also informed her you'd sometimes have to call in when you went to your appointments which she said was no problem.

Your brother picked you up and he drove you home.

"Are you sure about this yn?" Your brother was very protective and didn't like the thought of you working, "what of your symptoms get bad? What of you have a coughing fit?"

"Dude I'll be fine" you assured him and gave him a rare smile.

"Ugh fine... just please be careful and call me if you need anything okay?"

"Yes yes I know."

He nodded worry still obvious on his face.

You left it at that and went up to your room spreading out over your bed and staring at the ceiling where you had little glow in the dark stars scattered. They'd been there for yesr but they still worked.

You decided to call it a day and snuggled into your blankets to sleep and escape your cruel reality.