𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

the home that used to belong to her mother

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Two days that they have been walking. They took some breaks. Alan and Ophelia were in the woods, further than she last was in the woods. It was getting cold and snow started to fall. Ophelia smiled at the snow and kept walking, it was getting more colder.

"We are almost there." Alan stated to Ophelia. As they walked out of the woods Ophelia felt her shoe on the snow and looked forward to see a big Ice Castle.

"Well, welcome back home Princess Ophelia." Alan says to Ophelia making her smile.

"So this was my mother's home." Ophelia stated, and Alan nodded to her. She wished that her biological parents were still alive. Probably, the small family would've lived in the Ice Castle.

Alan and Ophelia walked closer to the Ice Castle. Ophelia was nervous about what she would find there. Will her father be there? or any family members? Alan and her made it to the door of the Ice Castle. Alan pushes the door open to see the inside of the Ice Castle.

Disaster. Everything was messy inside, glass and dirty all over. Broken furniture and frozen dead rats and bugs. Ophelia was disgusted by how the ice castle looked inside. She thought it would be cleaned up but still abandoned at the same time.

"It was around your birthday, your mother had the whole kingdom celebrate your first birthday. But tragedy struck, she later, found out that her horrible husband was going to kidnap you. He was going to wait for you to turn 18 years old to marry you." Alan explained to Ophelia, feeling disgusted why her mother's husband wanted her for himself.

They walked inside the castle, seeking anything alive or still there. Alan and her found an ice staircase and walked up the stairs. They made it to the top of the 2nd level of the castle. Alan walked behind just in case someone popped behind her. Ophelia spotted the rooms.

"Alan look." Ophelia says to Alan as he points to the bedrooms. Ophelia starts walking over to the first door, she saw and opened.

Ophelia went inside the room, as Alan followed behind her. Ophelia saw it was a nursing room and saw on the wall Ophelia's name on it. She knew that this was her room when she was a baby.

"This was your room. I remember like it was just yesterday when I helped Queen Diana set up your nursing." Alan told Ophelia making her smile and looking around her old room.

"I wished it didn't have to go to waste as it did." Ophelia says to Alan. She took a look at her bedroom, where it was supposed to grow up.

"Hey don't worry. It's not your fault." Alan said to Ophelia. She nodded and walked over to her baby crib and saw a stuffed animal of a Polar bear.

Ophelia grabbed the stuffed polar bear and hugged it. She wished at she knew her parents and everyone else who lived in the castle. Ophelia looked over to her pillow was cricketed and saw the tip of a book. She reached over to the pillow and lifted it to see a book. Ophelia grabs the book from the crib.

"What is that?" Alan asked Ophelia before she could answer her then heard something or someone her inside the castle. "We have to go now!" He says to Ophelia.

"Where we can't go downstairs they will see us-" Ophelia said. "I hear something coming upstairs." Alan and Ophelia heard the voice.

"Threw the window." Alan demanded as he locked the bedroom door. They rushed to the window and Alan opened the window up.

"Come on." Alan said to Ophelia. They got on top of the window rail. Alan whistles out to the view. Ophelia heard the doorknob rattle.

"We have to jump." Alan said to Ophelia. "What!? No way!" She said to the person she just met. "You have no choice now jump." Alan said to Ophelia.

Ophelia hesitated to jump. But she couldn't, she rather get caught than jump out the window. The door flew open and Alan didn't have time and grabbed Ophelia and jumped off the window. Ophelia high-pitched screamed as they landed on something. She looked at the land and saw a flying horse. Alan was holding onto her waist.

"Jack head over to the special tree." Alan structured to Jack the flying horse. "On it." The flying horse spoke making Ophelia's jaw drop.

"You can talk?" Ophelia asked the flying horse. The horse turned his head and nodded to the ice Princess.

"You know I always dreamed of talking to a flying horse when I was little." Ophelia commented as she felt the breeze threw her face.

Then they heard a big boom and Ophelia turned her head to see the Ice Castle collapsing to the ground. She was shocked that her mother's home was gone forever. Ophelia had tears in her eyes as she looked back.

༊*·˚

Jack landed in front of the Blossom tree and Alan helped the princess get off the flying horse. Ophelia hasn't spoken since she saw her mother's home getting destroyed by the person who did. She knew it was her mother's ex's crazy husband, well still married by him by paper and law.

"Thank you for showing me my mother's mom for the very last time." Ophelia thanked Alan. He grabbed the princess's hand and kissed her knuckles.

"Pleasure is mine." Alan says to Ophelia. Her face flushed red and she walked over to the tree before she could crouch down on her knees.

"Tell Slatter I say hi." Ophelia said to Alan and he nodded to her. "Will do!" He says to her. Ophelia gave him one last smile.

Ophelia crouched down and opened the little door. She crawls inside the tree and opens the door that is on the other side of the tree. Ophelia crawled out of the tree stood up and wiped the leaves off of her clothes.

"I knew you would be here." Ophelia heard a familiar voice and also jumped at the voice. She turned around to Stefan and smiled awkwardly.

"Hey Stef!, how's your day been?" Ophelia asked Stefan innocently too. Stefan had his arms crossed over his chest.

"Ophelia you shouldn't have told me that you were going to Wonderland." Stefan said to Ophelia. "I know I shouldn't have told you." She said sadly to him. He walked over to her.

"It's okay. Just text where you are going. I don't want you to be gone again." Stefan stated. Ophelia nodded to the vampire.

"Ophelia there's another thing to do, Rose is dead." Stefan said to Ophelia. Her heart stopped when she heard Rose was dead.

"Oh..." Ophelia looked down because she never said goodbye to Rose. Stefan over to her.

"Hey, it's okay. Let's go back home." Salvatore said to Ophelia. She nods and walks passed Stefan. Stefan followed behind her.

vote, comment, and share ♥︎