47

Chapter 47

It seems that the boundary was loosened without knowing whether it was because of a pain in the body.
Suddenly, I realized that I had never been in this house so comfortably as I am now.

I couldn’t show anyone my weakness in this house.
So, it was the first time to show up in front of other people like you are now.

Maybe this was possible because Cassis Fedelian was an outsider.
Because he was far from the world of Agriche where I live.

For that reason, he might have thought that it would be okay to show him this exhausted appearance.
It was strange that I felt like I was protected because I was held by Cassis.

Sumi’s body temperature was unfamiliar to her. But for some reason, I didn’t think I wanted to get out of there.

“It’s warm… … .”
I muttered a little, exhaling a fierce breath.

Cassis’ hand a few moments later covered my eyes, as I did in the hallucination room some time ago.

“It’s better to sleep until your body is fully recovered.” Unbelievably, my consciousness sank to a low level in the faintly flowing voice.

It was the first time since I was very young that I could fall asleep like this even when there was another person next to me.

As it has always been from some day, the dream has come to know.
Instead of bleeding grieving over something today, Asil is giving me a flower wreath just like we did when we were young.

In fact, I was a little scared whenever Asil came to my dreams.
I thought maybe it was me who appeared in Asil’s hallucinations and made him die. So I think Asil is blaming me.

But today, Asil looked at me and smiled, so I was able to relax a little.
15-year-old Asil put a crown on my head, which is now the same height as him. Then he laughed wide at me again.

I tried to laugh after him too, but strangely, the smile didn’t come off.
Sadly, I burst into tears while looking at Asil.

Then, as Asil said, ‘I can’t help it,’ she smiled and wiped away my tears.
Even when I woke up from a short dream, I was still crying.

Someone’s hard fingertips rubbed my tears-soaked cheeks and eyes.
After hesitating for a moment, the touch that gave me a little more strength to wipe away my tears was very soft and warm.

I closed my eyes again as if even this moment was a dream. But after that, I couldn’t fall asleep again, so for a while I just closed my eyes quietly, feeling the touch that wiped my tears away.

* * *
After that, I became uncomfortable face to face with Cassis.

Of course. I looked like that.

Fortunately, it wasn’t between him and me that that day wasn’t going to be a hot topic.

Cassis didn’t seem to want to talk about his abilities that day, and I didn’t want to talk about the depravity he had seen in front of him the last time.

So we were silent at the same time as if we had made an implicit promise.

“It’s a good evening.”
Even now, as soon as I entered Cassis’s room, the awkwardness seemed to explode in the gaze I encountered.

Would you say hilarious greetings like this?

I wanted to pick up the words that protruded from my mouth and swallow them. It’s not morning, it’s evening when the sun is setting, so why did you say this? Besides, it wasn’t the first time I met you today.