42

Chapter 42
When I stepped on the last staircase, Deon, standing as if waiting for me, came into sight.

“It’s regretful that I hit only one of those faces earlier.”
Looking at him face to face again, I said.

“What if Cassis didn’t save her mother?” Deon replied, looking down at me with his still, unmatched eyes, as always.

“nothing.”

Damn bastard.
I looked up at the face in front of my eyes with my cold eyes and swallowed the rising displeasure. I never wanted to show an emotional appearance to Deon.

“I told you.”
Deon laughed at me. It was a eerie smile that could make Mogol linger just by putting it in my eyes.

“I like to see you cry.”
Again, all the people of Agriche were insane. Among them, Deon was one of the most dangerous humans.

“I’m sorry.”
I coldly passed him by, trapping the hot flames wriggling inside me.

“That’s what you’ll never see until the moment you die.”
I felt a tenacious gaze catching up behind my back, but I used to ignore it. Somehow I thought this situation was a little disgusting. As I walked through the quiet hallway, I turned to the side.

On the glass window that embraces the night sky, my face, with an eerie and cold expression, like the Deon I saw a little while ago, was reflected.
okay.

It wasn’t just others who were headed for this contempt and hatred.

<flashback><i>“Yes, as my mother hoped, I am now a great Agriche.”</i>
</flashback>
<flashback><i>“Because I am a proud Agriche and a daughter who resembles my esteemed father more than anyone else.”</i></flashback>

It really looked like the words that I said many times in my life.
I was reflected in the glass, and I had become more of an Agriche human than anyone else.

“It’s disgusting!”
I shouted the words that no one else was listening to and turned away from the face in the window.

* * *

At that time, Cassis was trapped in a hallucination room.

<No… … . You can’t die, open your eyes, please… … .〉

Intermittent cries similar to those heard during the day broke through the eardrum.

While I was closing my eyes, a scene where I didn’t know whether it was a dream or an illusion came to my eyes.
The woman who was hugging someone and crying finally turned to him. The clear resentment and reprimand feelings that appeared on my tearful face took my breath away.
The scene changed, and this time a man looking down at him with a colder look than ever appeared.

<Your power that you cannot control yourself is like a disaster.> okay… … . This was a memory buried deep under the water.

〈You should not use your strength to do the same thing twice in the future.〉

The day I learned regret for the first time. Foolish, he had to swallow the poison of despair with his own hands.

〈We are Fedelian, the noble judge. Don’t forget what the name means.>
〈For those who have lost their pride, there is only destruction.〉

A solid rocky voice crushed him from above. Then, at one point, the voice that was ringing in my ears began to fade.

<From now on, I will impose a ban on you.>

Cassis awakened from a dream that was crumbling like a sand castle.

* * *

“It would be better to sleep more.”
A thin and clean voice, like a real wind, overlaid the voice of the man who remained like an afterimage.
At first glance, I felt a warm warmth on my forehead. Perhaps it was the touch of a person next to him. A familiar face was reflected in the faint vision.