23

Chapter 23
<flashback><i>“I don’t want to die… … .”</i></flashback> Cassis was only pretending to faint at that time, so I could hear Roxana’s words to herself.
At that time, I didn’t know what it meant, so I pushed it to the other side of my memory… … .
When I saw the red blood falling on the floor, the words I heard at that time suddenly floated on the surface and started to linger in my head.
Besides, the conversation that the men who first brought Cassis to this room suddenly came to mind.
<flashback><i>“I mean the fourth lady. Did you get the name of the master you knew earlier?”</i></flashback>
<flashback><i>“Is this guy akin to you know? I don’t think I’m similar at all.”</i></flashback>
<flashback><i>“Sure. I wondered why Roxana and the young lady were also interested in this. Do you look alike in your eyes?”</i></flashback>
<flashback><i>“Aren’t you a little bit older than when you know Bocchan’s death? Maybe this guy is doing something like this, so he might have thought of more of a master you know.”</i></flashback> Even the memories of that day, which may not have anything to do with this event, made Cassis’ heart steamed.
Somehow, it felt like a grain of sand was stuck on my chest.
I had felt this feeling the other day.
When Roxana offered to heal Cassis’ wounds with my own hands.
The moment I saw Roxana telling her brother’s story, it was for a moment, but his sister Sylvia came to mind.
If not, Cassis would never have entrusted Roxana with back treatment.
Cassis frowned and swept the bangs covering the eyes with a slightly rough hand.
Before he opened the door and went outside, the last cloudy smile Roxana had seen at him fluttered in front of him for a moment.
<flashback><i>“But I thought you might hate me… … It’s nice to care about such a person like this, you.”</i></flashback>
<flashback><i>“Thank you.”</i></flashback> And the words she whispered in a small way.
There was a little more cramping in my heart. Cassis frowned a little deeper and dismissed useless thoughts.
Suddenly, he realized the lunch he had forgotten so far, and looked over the bed. The food on the tray was already cold.
He still had no appetite, but Cassis still silently pushed it all into his mouth.
Yes, first of all, restoring the body was the most important thing.
Even for the families who are drying their blood from his worries even at this moment.
* * *
As soon as I entered the room, I washed the blood off my body.
Jeremy also returned to his room once. It was because the blood from my hand had transferred to his head.
After that, Jeremy rolled around in my room for a while and then left.
After Jeremy returned, I sat down on the bed.
As I rolled up my sleeves, a bandage covering my arm appeared.
It looked like it wasn’t properly pressed because it was roughly wrapped up after washing. Blood was still oozing from the wound, dyeing the bandage red.
It was the same wound that I had made by drawing a dagger with my hand in the hatchery room earlier.
I moved my hand to remove the bandage from my arm.
Soon, long scarred skin was visible in the field of view.
“Guys, it’s time to eat.”
After checking the bloody wounds, I called in the butterflies. Soon, dark red butterflies appeared in the air one by one.
It could be said that it was a bit bizarre in some way to see the twelve butterflies lingering over the wounds oozing with blood.
However, because poison butterfly’s staple food was blood, it couldn’t be helped.
It was still a secret that I had already hatched a poison butterfly egg.
So, they lied to everyone that out of the three poisonous butterfly eggs, the first two eggs that grew first failed to hatch and died. However, there was only one thing that was actually dead.
The butterfly I sent to the west border a while ago, and the butterfly attached to Cassis’s room, were the very poisonous butterflies that came out of the first hatched eggs.
Probably, me and the poison butterfly seemed to have a better match than I thought.
Of course, there have been expectations from the time I got the eggs from the habitat, but it was surprising that I really engraved and awakened the poisonous butterfly with only 30% hatching probability.
The poison butterfly is a monster that is close to a semi-spirited body, so it has a different Ark from other creatures.
They usually hide their appearance, but when I call them, they appear in front of me.
Venom butterflies born from one egg had the habit of multiplying themselves and forming a group.
I have only a dozen poisonous butterflies in my possession now, but after a little more time, they would multiply again and reach dozens or hundreds of them.
In addition, the characteristics of poisonous butterflies also changed depending on what kind of poison they were fed and how strong they were fed.
Therefore, it was understandable that the person who became the host of the poisonous butterfly could not procure the food of the propagated butterflies in time, so that they would be eaten.
In that sense, I belonged to Agriche, which possesses all kinds of poisons, so it was advantageous for raising poisonous butterflies.
Fortunately, the poison butterfly I hatched loved my blood very much.
So, until my host, I died, the poison butterfly was completely subordinate to me, and it was clear that it would become a powerful weapon.
In future plans, the poison butterfly will be a very useful hand.
So I haven’t revealed to anyone that I hatched an egg from a poison butterfly the other day.
This fact was a secret to Jeremy, to my mother, and to Emily, my family member.
At least until the day Cassis escapes Agriche.
Finally, seeing that the wound on my arm had been completely hemostatic, I sent back all but one of the poison butterflies.
“To the western border.”
The butterfly, who was left aside, was ordered to check the western border.
This is the first time it has been moved to such a long distance, perhaps because the connection with the butterfly sent to the western border was blurred and could not be recalled.
As I am still inexperienced, it was a little difficult to deal with several butterflies at once.
It seemed to me that I had to increase the amount of poison I took in order to further strengthen the bond with the poisonous butterfly.
After a while, I called Emily into the room and instructed her to increase the type and amount of poison I eat in the future.
* * *
Now I was a minor, and until I was an adult, there were still things left to be educated.
“Oh, it’s not Sana.”
So, on my way back to the training room today, I encountered someone I wasn’t happy with.
Deon’s mother, Mary, was the woman standing in a parasol on a lush road.
She, with brown hair and purple eyes, came to me with a very happy face as soon as she saw me.
“Hi. You must have gone for a walk.”
The moment I saw Maria, I almost crumpled my face without my knowledge.
But I concealed my decent heart and greeted her with a gentle voice.
“Sana, you really seem to get prettier every time you see it.”
As always when you see me, Maria, standing in front of me, admired my beauty again today.
It was the appearance that revealed the feelings intact to the extent that it was unbelievable that he was the mother of Deon, who could not know the inside.
The face I admired as I looked at my face even looked very naive.
Maria has a round, gentle-looking face and a small body, so when viewed from this close, she feels like a cute little animal.
She had those who seemed to be maids hung in a row behind her back.
It was a very friendly and fleshy attitude, but I was uncomfortable with her.
Just because I was Theon’s mother, there was no reason I should like Mary.
But even if I exclude that, I was just uncomfortable with her.
Mary was the third wife of Land Agriche.
Among her mothers, she was famous for being bright and friendly, but Jeremy and my mother were very different from each other.
“You’re still shining as if you were alone in the city, but you’re still prettier than your mother.”
“You’re overdoing.”
“To be overcomplimented, it is even questionable whether there will be any words in this world that can modify your beauty.”
Maria opened my face and praised her all the time.
“Oh yeah. It’s a relationship that we met like this, so why don’t we have a cup of tea in the garden?
Seeing her casual invitation, it felt as though the place where we are standing is not Agriche’s mansion, but rather a sunny retreat.
“So it’s been a long time since I saw Deon. Anyway, the children of this house are too busy. It’s a long time, so it would be okay to sing Deon, a conjurer