21

Chapter 21
“Mister Roxana. Are you going to the toy right now?”
“No, I’m going to stop by the poison butterfly hatchery first.”
Three days have passed since then. My daily routine with Cassis was similar.
I visited him three times a day and prepared meals myself. Cassis also used it to gauge how the time of the day was going.
I didn’t forget to call a separate senator because I couldn’t take care of his wounds each time.
In fact, I had a lot to do besides looking at Cassis. One of them was to stop by the poison butterfly hatching room.
The hatchery of the poisonous butterfly was still very humid and filled with hot energy today. The air flowing in the enclosed space was very soft and heavy.
This was originally one of Agriche’s greenhouses where poisonous plants were raised, but after obtaining the eggs of poisonous butterflies, it was converted into a hatching room.
So even now, the place was covered with grass that exudes poison.
Probably, it was clear that if an ordinary person entered this, they could not hold up for 10 seconds and would fall.
However, this nasty air, which had various poisons, had little effect on me.
I walked a little deeper across the overgrown poisonous plants.
After a while, a black egg wrapped in a thorn vine appeared in sight.
The poison butterfly’s egg was now almost the size of my two fists combined.
I stood in front of him and pulled out the dagger I had prepared beforehand.
And without hesitation, he rolled up his sleeves and drew his arms.
A sharp blade cut through the skin. With a tingling sensation, blood gushed over it.
Tuk Tuk.
Soon the red blood from my arm slumped over the black egg. The eggs covered in blood gradually began to turn dark red.
“Eat delicious. And if it’s already, grow it a little faster.”
At first, I had a total of three poisonous butterfly eggs, but now all I have left is this one.
Originally, the probability of successful hatching of poison butterflies is only about 30%.
The poison butterfly is a kind of monster, and it is very difficult to find a habitat with eggs, but it was more difficult to subordinate it.
In order to be imprinted as the owner of the poison butterfly, he had to absorb blood regularly like this before waking from the egg.
The other nutrients that help poison butterflies hatch were poison, as the name suggests.
Therefore, this greenhouse, which has been growing poisonous plants in the past, could be said to be a very suitable place for poisonous butterflies.
The same was true of my blood, which has been ingesting poison since childhood. For that reason, my poison dose was significantly higher than before.
Originally, the search for the poisonous butterfly’s egg should have been one of the male protagonists in the novel, the “white beast.”
He was a man with the ability to deal with monsters, and he succeeded in finding a habitat for poisonous butterflies in the work and hatching its eggs.
I remembered the scene at first glance, so I told Emily the location of the poisonous butterfly habitat and had her bring her eggs.
Breeding or taming monsters was a very rare ability. Obviously, I wasn’t good at doing that.
However, if a poison butterfly has not yet hatched, it seemed possible to engrave me as its owner.
Isn’t it better if there are more means to protect me?
If I failed, I had nothing to lose.
So, I was collecting the eggs of poisonous butterflies and feeding my blood regularly.
The poisonous butterfly’s egg, which absorbed all my blood, seemed to be covered with a thin film.
I roughly halted my arm and stroked the surface of the egg.
As if touching the skin of a living animal, a warm warmth immediately penetrated into the tip of my finger.
Somehow, I had a feeling that the day when this egg will hatch is not far away.
* * *
After exiting the poison butterfly hatch, I turned to Cassis.
“It’s lunch time.”
Today’s lunch menu was chicken stew, whole grain bread, and fruit.
He was still avoiding food that had to use forks and knives, so the menu he could give him was limited.
“It must be troublesome, but you come directly every time.”
Cassis was still cool to me, but it seemed to make me less uncomfortable than the first time.
He was more gentle and cooperative than I thought.
So, if I was convinced that I would not use it as a weapon, it seemed that sooner or later, I would be able to make a good meal with a fork and knife.
Of course he ate the food I brought him without saying anything.
I brought food to Cassis, who was sitting in bed.
I laid the tray on the bed and stepped back, and suddenly I felt something backwashing inside.
Oops, a sound similar to nausea was vomiting out of my mouth.Tuduk.
Then it was dark red blood that ran down my hand that closed my mouth.
Since I ate the poison that Emily brought me yesterday, I got sick of it, and I ended up bleeding.
I thought calmly as I wiped my lips with my sleeves.
Dalgrak.
Then I suddenly looked up at the sound I heard in front of me, and Cassis, looking up at me, came into sight.
His face was hardened, as if surprised by what was happening now.
The round eyes that were a little wide open were somewhat unfamiliar.
He seemed to try to lift the tray from the bed and drop it again.
“you… … .”
Cassis opened his mouth as if to tell me what to say. However, he couldn’t easily figure out what to say to me.
“Now that blood… … .”
“Oh, I’m sorry.”
Seeing that, I apologized to him. I thought it must have been embarrassing for Cassis.
“It’s time for a meal, but I must have been offended by me.”
It made sense to have a face like that because I suddenly vomited blood in front of the table. Maybe you don’t think it’s dirty, right?
Cassis’ facial expression changed to my suspicious reaction.
He looked at me with confused eyes and opened his mouth again.
“No… … Didn’t you vomit blood right now?”
“It is, but… … . Do not worry about it. No big deal.”
I said, covering my lips with my sleeves. There was no mirror here, so I couldn’t cleanly wipe the blood from my mouth and chin.
But my sleeves were already stained with blood. Cassis’ eyes were nailed to the red marks on my clothes.
“It’s not that much about vomiting blood?”
Cassis’ face seemed a little harder than before.
“Huh. Something like this… … .”
I thought a little bit about what to answer, and then I said.
“Because it’s been common since the past.”
Wouldn’t there be no need to explain how you vomited blood?
On the contrary, if it was Agriche’s family wind to develop tolerance by eating poison from an early age, it might have an adverse effect.
Maybe I was eating poison like eating every day, and I might get tired of thinking that I’m a poisonous species like other Agriche people.
Oh, so why shouldn’t we be able to show such a casual appearance here?
Wouldn’t it have been better to have a startled reaction like this for the first time to see blood like this?
Of course, it was too late to do so now.
For the people of Agriche, this was really nothing, and I couldn’t think of how I would look like this to Cassis.
“Since then, often?”
At that time, Cassis, who looked at me with a stiff face, suddenly fluttered and frowned at what he was thinking.
“So it turns out that last time… … .”
Huh? Last time? When have I ever vomited blood in front of Cassis?
But I didn’t have that memory.
Cassis also said nothing more. So I wondered what he was trying to say.
But now more than that… … .
“Are you worried about it now?”
I looked at Cassis’ face and asked insults. Then Cassis flinched for an instant.
“Why am I worried?”
Suddenly, a chill fell on his face.
“Isn’t it natural for anyone to be surprised to see a person vomiting blood in front of them?”
A cool voice rang in my ears.
As if it wasn’t worth it, that face, which became more cold than just before, was also an answer that denied my words from the front.
But I instinctively sensed that now this is a gap I can dig into.
“Oh, I see… … . It was already familiar to me, so I never thought anyone else would be surprised.”
Looking at it, it seems that Cassis, which I have grasped so far, is a type that is strong to the strong and weak to the weak.
If so, it would be okay for me to show him a little weaker appearance at this time.
“But I thought you would hate me… … It’s nice to care about such a person like this, you.”
I smiled faintly at Cassis. Deliberately giving off a cool and bitter atmosphere.
“Thanks.”
Cassis, who saw me like that, was speechless.
Oh, but now, to pretend to be weak, you already have a record of stunning him by hitting his name?
Moh. But now Cassis seems to be forgetting that too, so let’s just pretend that I don’t know. Besides, it was a time when Cassis’ eyes couldn’t be seen.
“Then I’ll stop and go out.”
It would be better to leave it dimly here.
For Cassis to have a pleasant meal time, it would be better to leave the room anyway.
“I’m sorry to surprise you.”
I said that to Cassis and then turned around.
The last time he looked at his face, Cassis was stiff and shut his mouth firmly.
Cassis’ gaze behind my back, turning around, seemed to catch up longer than at other time