Chapter 53.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?" Amity started at her and sipped her tea. "Samantha." Samantha crossed her legs and looked at Amity. "If you like, look at me in the most deadliest way possible. I can destroy you at this very moment but don't forget I am the person who changed your social reputation from a bad one to a good one." Samantha rolled her eyes and Amity kept on looking at her.

"You might have come here for a reason. Do you want to have a witch's duel again?" Amity asked, wanting her to leave immediately because her company was not... appealing or satisfying Amity. "No. I came here to tell you something." Amity was surprised. "Go on." Amity said, waiting for the sentences that Samantha would spout from her mouth.

"I have also been searching for any clues of the vampire race and I found one." Amity shot up but kept her calm immediately. "I have a friend that experiments on vampires and still believes that their race exists. I found a string of hair on the floor in a cave and brought it to him. He's still checking on it." Samantha said to Amity, who was expecting her to take this seriously but Amity just looked at her and sighed. "Isn't that just a random string of hair?" Amity sighed again and crossed her arms.

"No. It's not just random. I had actually researched and that was the cave that vampires had lived. Even one of the vampires were relatives to a witch of the Boiling Isles (If you don't remember, the relative Samantha is talking about is Doris and Dorcas's relative that turned to a vampire but no one knows if he still lives or he is dead). Amity was surprised and she started thinking.

"Can this be related to Luz in a way?" Samantha yawned and stood up. "I need to leave, I'm tired and I have work to do. When I get any news, I'll deliver it to you." Amity nodded and Samantha left. "Surprisingly, Samantha was being too good to me. Maybe she was just repaying me back of how I fixed her social reputation." Amity said proudly and went back to her office to continue her work.

In another place...

"Elena!" Someone screamed her name. She looked around for who called her and saw a person waving at her. The person rushed down to her and hugged her. "Uh... Do I know you?" Elena scratched her head in confusion. "You don't remember me!?" She looked closely and Elena remembered. "Charles!" Elena hugged him back. "How have you been?" Elena asked in a kind way.

"I've been alright." Charles shifted back. "But I've been looking for mama and papa ever since they left." Elena was surprised and knew very well that she couldn't tell him that James had vanished without a trace and Luz has died. Elena shaked her head and faced reality. "I'm sorry Charles. When they both left, you appeared outside, right?" Charles nodded. "That's great, thank God you were able to survive this world." Charles nodded.

Elena and Charles started walking and talking. "So what have you been doing these past few years, apart from looking for Luz and James?" Charles started thinking. "Oh! I got to meet new people and I opened up a shop. See, i'm really good at cooking so my friends encouraged me and helped me to build a shop!" Elena was really surprised. "So where is your shop?" Charles was confused. "I'm with it." Elena was confused as well. "How???" Elena asked.

Charles brought out a box, a small one and they both looked inside. "I can cast a spell that can break this box and enlarge my shop and I can bring back the broken parts using air and make it small again." Elena was just beyond surprised. "What did Luz  and James teach this child???" That's what kept on going on Elena's mind. "Then Charles, how did you know about me?" Elena asked Charles. "Papa told me about you but Mama never mentioned you." Elena rolled her eyes. "Rude." She thought. "Papa said you were a very nice person towards Mama and you always helped her with things even though Mama was the person that was helping you all the time." Elena started laughing and cleaned a tear. "Ah, what clear memories." Elena said and looked at the beautiful sky.

It was so sunny, the wind was blowing and the sky was as beautiful as ever in the Boiling Isles. "How I miss Luz so much." Elena said to herself. "What did you say?" Charles didn't hear her well but she shaked her head. "Oh, no, nothing." Elena sighed. "Luz, wherever you are, please do come back for me. For Charles. For all of us." Elena cleaned a tear of sadness and looked at Charles.

"See you later, Charles." Elena immediately left and Charles waved at her and went away too. "I think I might meet up with the others too." Elena thought and ran faster.

....

"This is too much work!" Amity screamed and slammed her hand on the table and was so frustrated about the paperwork. "Assuming Luz was here..." Amity said to herself. "Assuming Luz was here, she would have done this in just few minutes, right?" Emira said to Amity. "Huh-? Eh!?" Amity was surprised. "What disrespect! Is that how to greet a sister you haven't seen for some time?" Amity rolled her eyes.

"How did you suddenly just come back? I thought you were on vacation with Viney." Amity asked as she continued her work. "Am I supposed to stay in a vacation forever?" Emira looked at Amity and was shocked. "Have you even slept!?" Emira looked at her. "Have you had your bath? Have you been taking your medicine? Have you been drinking water? Eating fruits and food?" Emira looked closer as she kept on bombarding Amity with questions. "You're not my mother !" Amity exclaimed and Emira started laughing.

"Sorry, sorry. I was just really concerned. But you should really get some sleep." Emira said to Amity in a concerned way. "I know right, your face looks terrible." Edric said to Amity. "I will kill you with my own eyes." Amity looked Edric dead in the eyes and he shifted back. "But I'm seriously tired. Can both of you help me and finish this? That's if you can." Edric and Emira nodded and Amity stood up and started walking like a drunk person.

"Finally!" Amity lied down on her bed. She turned her body and started looking at the brown, beautiful, decorated ceiling. "How I miss Luz and James so much." A tear came out and she cleaned it off. "No Amity, you need to be strong! You're Amity Blight, trust Luz that she'll come back. But will she is the question?" She frowned and turned the other way and started to sleep.

"Ah... Finally."