Chapter 50.

12 Years Later...

"And the moral of the story is to always be yourself and treasure people." Amity closed the book and everyone clapped. "Miss Amity!" A child called her name in the library as she was about to leave. "Thank you for always reading stories to me, to all of us!" Amity smiled and waved and they did the same.

"Now I have work to do." Amity sighed and started walking towards a castle. 5 years after Luz had died, Belos had died from an unknown sickness and everyone did an election which Amity ran for because her mother told her to. Amity eventually won for being able to destroy Luz and currently, she's the "mayor" of Bonnesborough. "Amity!" Willow and Gus screamed her name. "Whoa, you people scared me!" Amity said in shock. "Are you going to do some paperwork?" Willow asked and Amity nodded.

"It's not easy trying to basically control everything that is going on here." She sighed and the guards opened the door to the castle. Willow, Gus and Amity entered inside and after some few walking and talking, they all got to sit down and kept on talking about what was currently happening. "Amity, have you noticed something recently?" Willow asked but Amity was just confused. "Ever since that incident happened, there has actually been no kind of bad things going around in Bonnesborough." Amity started thinking. "Robberies, kidnappings, raping etc, hasn't been done!?" Willow replied with a positive answer as she sighed.

"It looks like this town was blessed, sincerely speaking." Gus said as they both nodded. "Anyways, Willow and Gus, what are you currently doing now?" They both sighed. "We always tell you but it seems like you always forget!" Gus said as Amity scratched her head in confusion. "I'm reading more books about illusion magic and planning to become an illusionist." Amity clapped and looked at Willow.

"Willow, what about you?" She asked in a calm voice. "Oh, I'm already helping the community to plant a lot of things so that each of them will get fruits to eat, anywhere they go. Even outsiders. You really encouraged me." Amity smiled and stood up. "Well, I need to go and do some work. I'll talk to you both later." Willow and Gus stood up and they both left. Amity went to her room and started doing some paperwork. "The improvement of Hexside, More Equipments for Witches, Enough school facilities for Witches, Construction of roads, buildings and organisations for witches... Wait." Amity read and started looking at all of the paper.

"Has the vampire race been wiped out!?" Amity screamed. "No, maybe they didn't file a complaint." Amity shaked her head. "No, there are normal vampires, they should have filed a complaint by now!" She exclaimed and sighed. "Speaking of vampires..." Amity started to remember Luz and frowned. "I'll miss you." A tear fell from Amity's eye. "If she whispered that I should wait for her, does that mean that she's coming back?" She thought deeply and sighed. "When a vampire is dead, the vampire is dead." She continued her paperwork with a frown, completely forgetting about the depletion of the vampire race.

Some Days Later...
"Um, have you been seeing any vampires in Bonnesborough since that incident?" Amity asked. She was asking explorers, everyone in the community, even Edric and Emira and others. She didn't get anything and went back to her castle; to her room. She immediately lied down and started thinking about everything that had happened.

"What exactly happened to Luz? Vampires don't die like that. Also, what happened to James? Isn't he supposed to be the mayor of Bonnesborough? Even Silvia the Witch. How did she even die? Where did the gate come from? Luz wouldn't have died! People didn't just choose to listen to her... Right? Does Luz have something that she's hiding from me?" Amity kept on thinking, deeper and deeper.

"I don't think it's good to be thinking like this, Mittens." Edric said to Amity. "Learn to knock Edric !" Amity exclaimed. "I did, maybe your mind was thinking too hard." Edric sat down on Amity's bed. "Are you alright?" She sighed and started talking. "I've missed Luz a lot ever since she died and that was 12 years ago." Edric shaked her head. "Were you at least able to confess to her?" Amity nodded. "That's so sad. You should meet new people, find new love." Edric said to Amity, pitifully. "I know Edric but I can't just seem to do that!" She frowned. "She whispered, "Wait for me" into my ear and I still don't know what that means. Will she come back alive again? Hasn't she died many times now!?" Amity said in a very confused and angry state. "Amity, calm down!" She kept quiet. "Wait. I have an idea! Why don't you make an announcement to everyone in Bonnesborough that they should all welcome Luz with open arms?" Edric said and Amity started thinking about it. "For the idiot you are, that isn't actually a bad idea. Let me try it." Amity send a message to the town crier through her phone and he went to go deliver the news.

The Next Day...
"Testing, Testing, 1 2 3..."

"Hello everyone, I hope you had a great sleep!" They all screamed Amity's name and she told them to reduce their voices. "As you all know, I want to make an announcement." Everywhere was extremely quiet and they kept on listening. "I will say this in am informal way possible." Amity said and breathed in and out. "We should at least remember the incident that happened 12 years ago on January 3rd." They all nodded. "The person who died had whispered something into my ear saying, wait for me and I want all of you, all the citizens to do me a favor." They kept on listening. "It may not be possible that vampires can rise from the dead but who knows. Anyways, if Luz should be eventually found, please do send a message to me and welcome her with open arms." Everyone started complaining. "Hey, that doesn't make sense!" A guy said. "Nothing in the Boiling Isles makes sense." Amity said with a straight face. "Well, if you think about it, that's actually not bad. As long as she doesn't cause trouble anyway!" They all agreed to what the woman said. Amity did agree and nodded. "Now, it's just to wait." Everyone went home and Amity went too.

She started talking with Edric and Edric told her that he needs to go, that someone called him. Obviously, Amity would have used her car but she decided to walk. "Hey, you should at least be able to say sorry!" Amity heard a woman and a child crying. Amity saw a woman with grey hair, a demon who looked like a dog and... A woman with a mask that was covering her whole face. "I'm sorry, little kid. Here, let me get you some ice scream." The little girl nodded and he immediately ran to get it. "Are you alright?" The woman in the mask said. "Heal." She healed the little child.

The man came back and he gave the ice scream to the little girl. "Thank you sir!" He smiled and left. The woman with the grey hair and the dog-like demon went to go and look for the parent of the child. "I'll meet up with both of you lat-" The woman bumped into Amity. "Ow!" Her mask had cracked that Amity was able to see a scratch on her skin.

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" The woman said as she saw blood coming out from Amity's head. "Advanced Heal." Amity noticed that it was only Luz that could cast that spell. "No! It can't be her, right? Anyone else in the Boiling Isles can cast this same spell, right?" She thought in her mind.

"You look familiar." Amity blurted as she immediately covered her mouth. "oh, I'm sorry... It is so rude for me to say something like that..." Amity said to the woman. "It's fine. But I really do need help with fixing this mask..." The woman said.

"Oh, I can help you! Just follow me, I'm a great person in fixing things."