Chapter 23.

As Luz went upstairs, she sighed and looked outside the window. "James." James appeared and looked at Luz who was still looking outside the window. "Yes?" He said. "Have you ever thought how nice it would be to have a normal family? Like, parents are literally waiting on your door, they help you pack your bags for school, they make you breakfast and all that." James clicked his tongue and Luz looked at him.

"I honestly think you shouldn't be caring about that. Just because you don't have a family like that, it doesn't mean that you still don't have people in this house that loves you. Alejandro might be extremely stupid and not dependable, no offence, but he still takes you as his older sister." James put his hand on Luz's shoulder who started smiffing because of James somehow wicked but somewhat nice words.

Luz went to her closet and looked for a suit to wear to the masquerade party and finally found one. Luz wore a perfect white shirt, black blazer which she has buttoned, a black tie, and just to make everything better, she had a half white|half black masquerade mask. "So James, how do I look?" James actually was surprised and raised a brow.

"Why is black shown the most?" Luz looked at what she was wearing and answered his question. "It's either black is my favourite colour or this was just the most "mature" suit I have ever seen in my closet in like a long time." Luz went outside her room and saw her mother and Alejandro. "Well, let's go outside." Luz's mother said and they all walked outside.

At Amity's House.
"I'm still surprised with the fact that mother didn't ground me." Amity sighed as Edric stared laughing. "She did, Amity! We're your ears covered or something!?" He started laughing harder and harder as Emira looked at him with a straight face. "She was sleeping, Edric." Edric paused. "Oh." He kept quiet and Emira started talking.

"Somehow, you deserved it because you should have told mom. If you didn't want to even tell mom, you could have just told dad. You know very well what type of person mom is." Amity sighed and completely agreed with her. "Assuming I just didn't go out with that fool." Edric and Emira leaned in closer to hear what she just said. "You went out with who!?" They both screamed as Amity covered her mouth.

"If I tell you two, would you at least shut up!?" They both nodded and Amity removed her hands from their mouths. Amity explained everything that had happened. Her being "collected" by a gangster, Luz saving her, hearing exploding sounds and Luz comforting her.

"Wow. Luz is really your saviour." Edric said as Amity looked away. "I don't think Luz is like that." Amity muttered.

In the Masquerade Party.
"This place is big!" Alejandro exclaimed as Luz looked around. "It's actually really big and the decorations and everything? Everything looks beautiful." Her mother agreed with her and went to talk with other people who were calling her. Alejandro saw a man drinking liquid that was red in colour and looked at it clearly. "Luz, what's that?" Alejandro pointed at the liquid as Luz checked.

"It's grape wine." Alejandro was surprised and went to go try it. Luz tried some foods in the party and it was very sweet. She talked to some little children and people almost and also her age. Someone went up the stage and started tapping the microphone and cleared their throat. "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! I thank you for being able to attend this party and I hope you will be able to be comfortable here!" The host said and left the stage.

James was still thinking about everything that had happened in the afternoon. Who was Michael? How did he know Luz? He just needs all the full details. It would look like he's poking his nose into Luz's business but as the protector/guard of the Place Of Memories, wouldn't he need to know? "I think I'll just mind my business. It would obviously be rude of me to invade someone's personal life, considering the fact that it's someone like Luz." James sighed and went back to whatever he was doing.