Chapter 29.

Samantha entered the cafeteria and saw people gathering around a table. She went up to someone who was there to ask what was going on, if it was something serious because it looked like it was. The person screamed and replied to Samantha's question by saying that James and Luz being bats is just so cute.

Samantha was just completely confused. "What's this person saying?" She thought in her mind, thinking that the person was going crazy. She finally saw what the person was talking about, before her eyes and almost fainted. "What kind of adorable creature is this??" Samantha said out, which made almost everyone around the table silent to the extent that a tumbleweed passed. How how did something like that enter a school in the first place?

Everyone started screaming and crying and agreeing to what Samantha said. For a minute, she honestly felt like digging a grave and burying herself alive because of how everywhere was so silent at that point of time. Luz and James, ignoring everything that was happening, was just eating. They were talking using telepathy so that they wouldn't be able to hear their conversation, and they would be able to at least leave.

So, were you able to find any information?

Yes, I was. Those twins, they are going to be in the tests.

Why though? Aren't they new?

Also, I didn't even know that it was optional to do the test.

Well, now you know. Also, let me tell you how to differentiate between those two. The one that carries a weapon is the first girl. The one that looks calm and nice but very suspicious is the second girl.

Well, I'll try.

After they had talked for minutes, a lot of people had gone and they transformed back to their normal body. Samantha was still there but both of them didn't care. "They will probably arrive 2 minutes after everyone is at the MF." Luz nodded and they both stood up. (When James said MF, he meant the main field, the place where they were going to have their tests.)

When Luz was at the hallway, Samantha came up to Luz and held her arm. "L-u-z !" Samantha said in a way that she really needed attention. "Oh, hey Samantha!" Luz said as she wasn't even aware of her arm, being locked on Samantha. "I haven't talked to you in a while. I actually saw your missed calls, sorry I didn't call you back. I was just... very busy at the moment." Samantha paused.

"Oh? What were you doing?" Samantha asked. "It's none of your business, Samantha." Luz being so brutally honest, and even smiling on top of that, really pained Samantha. Samantha still hasn't gone over her feelings for Luz, and till this day, she's still waiting for how Luz will come up to her and ask her if she wants to go out with her.

Before Luz knew it, Samantha was already holding her arm right and was putting her body on Luz's. "L-u-z." Samantha said once again. Luz didn't have anything to do. She didn't want to attack her physically or magically or even use a sneak attack on her. People then gathered around Luz just to see her face and just surround her for surrounding sake.

Amity that was walking on the hallway, noticed a lot of people gathered around someone. Luz was able to notice Amity and she gave a sign for help. Amity was angry and then decided to help her as she walked towards her and grabbed her hand. "Sorry, but a teacher is calling Luz." Amity silently clicked her tongue and removed her hand from Luz's own with immediate alacrity.

They both got to the toilet amd Luz start breathing heavily. "Thanks Amity, I really appreciate-" before Luz could finish her sentence, Amity started talking. "Shut up. Don't talk to me." Luz paused, trying to process what she said. "So to you, it seems I'm like a tool right? Why are you always looking at everything being so easy??" Amity screamed as Luz was trying to understand as she thought.

"It's not fair!" Tears were falling out from her eyes as Luz was speechless. Luz finally understood what she meant. On Amity's perspective, the way Luz had been "treating" her was so unfair. It's like she had been treating her like a tool. Whenever she would try to do something "romantic" or something, Amity would always think she was teasing her and she would make fun of her and also ruin her reputation.

"Amity, it's not like that at all-"

"Shut up! Why don't you try putting yourself in my shoes for once??" Tears started falling out of Amity's eyes. Luz was trying go closer to Amity. Not knowing that there was water on the floor, the water made Luz to move forward which made Amity to be on the wall. Amity was shocked then tears started falling from her eyes.

"Amity, it's not what you think! I'm ser-"
"See what I was talking about!? You wicked vampire! You beast! You monster!" Luz paused and moved back. Luz was extremely hurt. All those words didn't even affect her at all. It was her being called a monster. She always hated being called that. When she was young, people would usually insult her, beat her and she would nothing about it.

Even her one friend she had when she was young, called her a monster. She was hurt and pained. Luz bit her tongue as her eyes went dark, having no emotions. "I was only trying to apologize and thank you for what you've been doing for me. Who knew it would turn this way." A tear fell from Luz's eyes as she left the bathroom.

Samantha was there and saw Luz who came out of the bathroom and immediately rushed to Luz. "L-u-z!" Samantha said which really annoyed her, a lot. "Never talk to me or I'll kill you." Luz stared deep at her for not too long and left. Samantha, was even enjoying that stare she gave her. Now, we all know that Samantha is a masochistic pervert.

The bell rang and they were all told to go to the main field. Luz went there and rested her back on the tree while sitting down and also playing with her finger. "Hey Luz, what happened?" James asked. "Nothing important." Luz said in a very deep voice. "Okay..." James was worried. "There's something definitely wrong with her." James thought.

Amity went there and kept on looking at Luz who was scrolling on her phone and talking to James at the same time. "What did you do now." Willow said as she sat beside Amity. "I only said things that Luz deserved to hear." Willow sighed and shaked her head in disappointment. "What did you call her?" Willow asked. "A wicked person, a monster-" Willow stopped her.

"Of all things, a monster!? Do you know how pained she will be??" Willow said as Amity was confused. "Even apart from the traumas you've faced with your own family, didn't you even try to think or even realise that she had gone through worse??" Willow said as Amity paused. "But how do you know? It's just rumours!"

"I attended the same school when I was young, Amity! Why would I say things that are 'just' rumours!?" Willow stated as Amity was surprised and frowned. "People called her a monster back then. Did you even try to put yourself in her shoes?" Willow frowned. "I didn't." Amity said in a low voice. "Well, apologize to her after we're done with our tests. That's if you want to do it." Willow said and started talking to others.

Amity wasn't sure even to apologize to her or not. Luz, on the other hand, was still talking to James and scrolling on her phone with no emotion in her eyes, just dark.

Exactly 2 minutes, the twins came. "Hey, those are the twins! See the first one and the second one!" James whispered into her ears. "So? What am I supposed to do?" Luz asked in a very deep tone. "Associate with them and stab them in the back! Then see how their family does stuff and then make your way." James said.

After some hours, Luz went to do her tests. Magic, Strength and IQ. Magic was first, so she battled against the twins, fortunately for her. "Let's finis-" before they could even finish their sentence, Luz snapped her finger and they were both on the ground. Only their heads were outside, the remaining parts of your body was not even seen.

"Don't worry, I casted a spell to protect the remaining part of your body so that when you bring come out by yourselves, your body won't have any dislocations, injuries or scratches." Luz said as she looked at the teacher. "This counts, right?" The teacher nodded quickly.

"Wait, what do you mean by "we'll come out by ourselves" ?" The first one asked. "It's simple English. Come out by yourselves or can't you?" They both pouted. "Of course we can't!" They both exclaimed as Luz went to them and squatted down and held both their hair. "If you dare scream, I'll make your head go the other way." Luz said to their ears as she brought them out.

They cried and Luz dropped them on the ground.

"Strength should be next, right?"