Chaeyoung was too afraid to meet Jisoo's gaze. She continued, "I'm sure that you already know the reason why I left Capital City. It would be too selfish for us to get married. I wouldn't want the Kim Family's bloodline to end simply because of me..."

Jisoo pursed his thin lips tightly and narrowed his eyes. His expression showed that he did not care for what she had to say.

His handsome face darkened further when Chaeyoung mentioned that they needed to sever their ties with each other in the future.

"Would you believe me if I said that I didn't care?" said Jisoo firmly. He realized that she was still using the fact that could not have children of their own as an excuse for them to not be together.

Chaeyoung laughed bitterly. "You'd be an unfilial son if you deny your parents of grandchildren. You may not care, but your parents do!"

"Children come in many forms. When you raise them from when they're young until they've become an adult, they would've become your children whether they're related to you by blood or not. I didn't make this child, but I'll be his adopted father in the future!"

Jisoo thought about this from a different perspective. This was an opportunity for him to reveal his true intentions while on the topic of the kid. He had no qualms about adopting this child and making him his heir.

Chaeyoung was speechless.

"No matter what you say, that child still needs a father. I may have arrived out of the blue, but you should definitely allow me to fill that position immediately."

Jisoo spoke sincerely. Chaeyoung was at a loss. She wondered whether he was actually drunk or not. His mind seemed to be working soundly, and he had clearly come with a goal in his mind. It looked like he had not come here simply to criticize her.

Chaeyoung felt as though she had fallen for his tricks.

She had wanted to console him and make it clear to him that he should not involve himself in her life anymore. How did she wind up finding a father for her son?

He had cornered Chaeyoung. The man savored his first victory gleefully.

His expression gradually relaxed and looked more handsome. The man rose from the sofa and embraced Chaeyoung. A smile hung on the corners of his lips. "I'll take you back to Capital City once the matter with Lisa is settled. Our parents won't find out that this child isn't ours if we don't tell them. He's so cute that our parents will probably love him very much once they've seen him."

Chaeyoung was so stunned that she could not reply. She recalled the promise she had already made to Mr. and Mrs. Kim. What would they think if they saw her in Capital City again?

Would they think that she got together with Jisoo again because she had finished spending the one million yuan that they gave her?

A foreboding chill rose in the depths of Chaeyoung's heart. The Kim couple would probably be as equally disappointed to see her back in Capital City as they were hoping to see her pack and go in the beginning.

She felt slightly regretful for coming to Luo Hai. It had made her desire certain things.

She would never have returned to Capital City if she had not seen Jisoo.

"Alright, you should return to Capital City first and tell your parents about this beforehand. After that, you can bring me and my son over..."

Chaeyoung knew that Jisoo would never let this matter go even if they continued to argue. She realized that it was better to please him.

Jisoo was pleasantly surprised when he heard the warm tone in Chaeyoung's voice. He was obviously unaware that this was merely her strategy to buy time.