Chapter 237

Over at Luo Hai

Feng Rao put on an innocent face when she was called to the major crimes department to assistwith the investigation. She was an important young lady of the Feng Family and although the Feng Family was not ranked any higher than the other aristocratic families, they were not commoners either. Her lawyer arrived at the major crimes. department after the questioning had gone on for less than an hour.

This was the most stressful part for Wu Huai.

He was reluctant to deal with scholars who memorized law clauses. As there was no concrete proof of the black market transactions due to a lack of surveillance, the lawyer was quickly able to find loopholes based on the testimonies of several black market pimps.

"My client has the right to remain silent. Those people may have recognized the wrong person or they may simply be framing her because it would be impossible for Miss Feng to be involved with the black market. Unless the police can find better evidence, my client can sue you for defamation!"

The lawyer who wore gold-rimmed glasses spewed a pile of set phrases, provoking Wu Huai until his heart was filled with annoyance.

He suppressed his anger and nearly roared, "Shall we see how you'll actually sue me?" How dare she?!

Privately, however, Huai quietly reminded himself that he was a police officer, not the leader of outlaws.

Feng Rao became more arrogant when she saw that Huai could not do anything once her lawyer had reached the police station. She kicked up a fuss and said, "If you don't release me within two hours, I'll ask my father to get the municipality-level leaders to make an appearance!"

Huai had never yielded to force or persuasion but he felt that today's case was destined to come to a standstill.

Before Feng Rao arrived, the police sketch artist's picture that was. based on the black market pimp's description allowed them to. recognize that the woman making transactions at that time was indeed Feng Rao.

However, they could not convict her for this crime solely based on the pimp's testimony because it was still considered as a lack of evidence.

Nonetheless, one thing could be confirmed. An important young lady. of Feng Rao's status was certainly not engaging in large transactions of gold and jewelry on the black market simply to buy several dozen Hermes bags.

The person behind her who needed this money was definitely Hanbin!

Once he had concluded this Huai went through the main threads of this complicated affair. Hanbin had trained this group of. hackers for his own use. They had first attacked the Zhong Heng group that was under Lisa's name to steal the things they needed.

However, they were unsuccessful.

Next, he used this group of hackers to hack Zong He's website while coordinating both internal and external forces. They created this. massacre for some unspeakable secret.

Other than the motive for this crime, everything else was smoothly compiled in a rather coherent manner.

It was highly likely that Third Young Master Manoban knew the motive best and kept it in his heart.

Huai only understood now that he had been tricked by Lisa. When Third Young Master Manoban fled with Mistress after leaving behind some information, it certainly meant that he was hiding his Little Mistress.

Since Feng Rao knew Hanbin's whereabouts, would Jennie know as well?

Lisa cunningly escaped because he was worried that his wife would be disturbed. He threw a smoke bomb before he left so that the. police would not know where to start even if they wanted to. interrogate him.