Chapter 358

Shao Yibai studied Tian Qi and Qingdai as he sat on the bench on one side of the military car. A hesitant look lingered on his face.

Tian Qi's eyes were filled with anticipation. The only thing was that he was not good with words, so all he said was: "I don't want to go back. I want to follow you. This way, I'll get the chance to get y hand on the iron goods as well..."

He stared and drooled at the guns strapped on the waists of the soldiers passing by him.

"You want to become a soldier just to hold a gun?" Jisoo asked with a smile.

Tian Qi scratched his head and said embarrassingly, "My dad used to be a soldier when he was younger. Later on, he returned home, changed his job, and married my mother. After giving birth to me, they took over the Banpo Mountain at the outer village and planted fruit trees. Who knew that there was an old minefield halfway up the mountain..."

Tian Qi sobbed and rubbed his eyes. "I was only three or four years old when they died. My grandpa raised me, and the only photos left at home are the pictures of my father when he was a soldier..."

Jisoo and the few soldiers around him listened to his story and remained silent.

This was such a story!

Jisoo could tell that this child was slow and looked up to the military profession. Nonetheless, the Special Forces were not just ordinary troops. The examination was very strict and it had high requirements for one's physical qualities. Not anyone could enter the team just because they wanted to. He could not promise him his request on the spot.

Tian Qi was pretty decent. He had quite a huge physique and was rather tall, but he did not have any muscles on his body. He should become buff when he was fed well enough and would be able to make it with some training.

However, this Qingdai was too small, thin, and fair. If he were to wear a wig, people would actually believe that he was a woman...

Qingdai seemed to have noticed Jisoo's hesitation. She cleared her throat and dared not look at Jisoo. She averted her gaze from the man who was surrounded by an extravagance aura and said calmly, "The Special Forces needs an army orderly, right? I... I will do the laundry... make the bed and cook..."

Jisoo was filled with joy when he heard it.

To be honest, the team that he brought with him did not have an army orderly.

These soldiers were once spoiled at home, but they had to learn and practice all kinds of life skills here as they braved the elements.

If he were to pick out someone whose job resembled an army orderly in the team, it would be Old Zhou who was responsible for cooking.

"I can't be sent back home!" Qingdai saw that Jisoo was not talking and she got a little anxious. The rim of her eyes turned red when she said, "I was sold the first time by my... my neighbors... and I was sold the second time because I was deceived... I don't have any education, experience, and talent... I've never left the town ever since I was a child. If I'm being sent back home, I'll end up being sold again in the future..."

Jisoo could not bear to see anyone crying, especially a "grown man" crying like a woman.

Tian Qi quickly added, "I'm an orphan too, and my grandfather has also passed away. If I were to return home, I'll still be restless! What if I'm being cheated again or go on a wrong path? Either way, I'll only follow you!"

'How old are you already? Are you sure you'll be cheated and go on the wrong path?'

Jisoo saw that the two of them who looked like they had made up their minds to follow him no matter what!