Chapter 383

"Aunty, I'm going to leave Capital City before Jisoo returns..."

Chaeyoung's declaration stunned Jingshan and his wife.

He was the proud chief of the military compound, but he was as helpless as any other mortal now. Jingshan's dark pupils faintly darted around while he lowered his face but remained silent.

"Little Park, are you sure..."

Jiao Shuzhen never imagined that the girl who always seemed so calm would want to leave Jisoo now.

"Yes, I'm sure... Uncle, aunty, I'm going to leave now. I'm not going to wait for Jisoo to return. He'll never let me leave when he's back! It'll hurt less when I do it now than later... Once I've left... He'll love someone else in the future... I'm not going to waste his time..."

Fat tears rolled down her face uncontrollably. She did not shed any tears when her parents sold her off or when she was dragged to the Yunnan-Burma Junction. She never cried when she was forced to starve for an entire day either.

The world that she had built in her mind collapsed when she thought of leaving Jisoo. It felt as though she was being crushed and she was in so much pain...

Kim Jingshan glanced at his wife before he shifted his gaze toward his daughter-in-law. He could not hide the conflicted feelings in his heart. Finally, he lowered his voice and said, "You've made this decision, but what's going to happen when Jisoo returns? I've raised that boy and I've seen his temper. My son isn't going to just let this matter go!"

"Don't worry, uncle. I won't let Jisoo find me. Once a long time has passed and he's failed to locate me, he... He won't wait for me anymore!"

Chaeyoung forced herself to speak while she choked back her sobs.

God was extremely cruel to play with her feelings like this. Everyone else was allowed to have a happy ending except for her.

"We can provide you with some assistance..."

Jiao Shuzhen hurriedly said.

"There's no need." Chaeyoung quietly declined. Her doe-like eyes were already swollen from crying. She rubbed her temples. There was a nasal tone in her voice when she said, "Since I'm already planning on leaving, I don't want... I don't want to leave any traces behind. I can survive on my own in the real world. I'm not the same weak girl anymore..."

Kim Jingshan sighed and paced around the courtyard. A moment later, he spoke in the domineering tone that was used by officials and said, "Little Park, please take some money so that we can be at ease!"

Chaeyoung, "..."

*

Flight number A254 flew from Mo Du to Luo Hai. Half an hour later, it landed on the runway of Luo Hai's airport.

At the same time, flight number C356 departed from Luo Hai's airport and flew toward Capital City...

On the plane, Jisoo took a gift box out of his pocket that contained a classic diamond ring.

A terrible scandal had occurred during Lisa's wedding. Jisoo was there to witness Jennie being dragged away and he noticed how helpless Lisa was.

Some couples were forced to undergo challenges before they could be together. This made Jisoo very emotional. He was thankful to God because he and Chaeyoung were a happy couple who had never experienced serious setbacks...

*

Capital City

Chaeyoung's apartment was completely silent. The pitch-black night sky engulfed Jisoo's calmness.